latest reel

Started by txangler81, February 06, 2015, 02:03:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

txangler81

I picked up a long beach 259 live bait castet for 15.25 total.

Alto Mare

Wow, that reel has done some serious fishing, stand and posts are bent out of shape. Is the spool rubbing anywhere?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

txangler81

surprisingly no its not. I know its rough but just couldn't pass it up for the price. Do the jigmaster bars fit these?

Shark Hunter

Yes Dustin,
Its the same post. The 250 surfmaster and 500 jigmaster share the same posts as the 259.
Life is Good!

theswimmer

Only if that reel could breath and talk,oh the fish stories!
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

txangler81

Thanks Daren, Swimmer I know what you mean I can't wait to breath some new life into it and get it fishing again. :)

Mic

I like that!

Old Penn's don't come to my house to retire either!

Good Luck with getting it back up to snuff!

Mic

txangler81

Thanks I have an aluminum spool and a set of jigmaster solid bars to go on it. I need to find a set of rings but it looks like that might prove to be difficult.
Dustin

Mattman NZ

Good find mate I think the rings are the same as the 110 - 1/0 Senator .Ive never seen a 259 in the flesh before.

Unutt

It has definitely been rode hard, and put up wet.
So many reels, so little time.

txangler81

I was hoping to find some good ones for cheap on ebay but no luck yet they are all in rough shape it would cost me 40 to replace them with new ones from scotts

Shark Hunter

Just sand them down and paint them. I'm going to try that with a beachmaster. When they are that pitted, its the only cost effective solution.
Life is Good!

txangler81

That's a possibility Im not in any hurry to get it done so I may wait and see what pops up on ebay.

Keta

I've considered re-chroming hard to find Penn parts but one piece at a time is expensive, a bunch would reduce the per piece price. 
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

txangler81

That would be a good idea as well, but like you said you would have enough parts to make the cost feasible

Dustin