Squidder 146

Started by sharkman, February 11, 2015, 04:05:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sharkman

Can you convert squidder 140 into 146 using penn factory parts? I searched and can only find information on converting using kit.

MarkT

Sure, you need a new stand, bars and spool.  The exact parts in the kit!
When I was your age Pluto was a planet!

bluefish69

If you are using bars look for fishingreel79. He makes & sells S S bars for many reels. I'm waiting for a set of 99 bars.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Shark Hunter

I have those on my watch list Mike. That Guy is the hookup on ss posts. I noticed that Scott's is selling ss posts now, but they are at an outrageous price. You can buy the ss from him way cheaper than stock ones. I have quite a few of them on my reels. Especially the Big Senators.
Life is Good!

sharkman

Other than the kits, can you use the post, stand, and spool from another reel to make a 146? For example use the stand from 1/0. Thanks for all the help.

RTT

Sharkhunter

Do you know who is selling these conversion kits.

I have a 140 that I would love to convert, however I cannot find the spool.

Ray

bluefish69

Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 11, 2015, 06:05:35 AM
I have those on my watch list Mike. That Guy is the hookup on ss posts. I noticed that Scott's is selling ss posts now, but they are at an outrageous price. You can buy the ss from him way cheaper than stock ones. I have quite a few of them on my reels. Especially the Big Senators.

Daron anytime you see his name send him a message he has always answered me. If he says no then they turn up in a week or 2 like magic

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Shark Hunter

Quote from: RTT on February 11, 2015, 03:11:33 PM
Sharkhunter

Ray
Scott's doesn't have any.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Newell-Spool-fits-penn-squidder-jr-146-1-5-8-wide-/400861241851?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d553121fb
Life is Good!

Maxed Out

Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 11, 2015, 08:42:37 PM
Quote from: RTT on February 11, 2015, 03:11:33 PM
Sharkhunter

Ray
Scott's doesn't have any.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Newell-Spool-fits-penn-squidder-jr-146-1-5-8-wide-/400861241851?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item5d553121fb

Ha ha, I clicked on your link Daron and either that spool is teeny tiny or the guy holding it is the jolly green giant  :o !!!   Guess that's why the jigmaster makes a better narrowed reel, as it is much larger diameter and might hold a bit more line than that tiny 146 ;)
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

txangler81

There are usually a lot of 146 reels on the big auction site I got a package deal on one and a surfmaster 100 right after Christmas. Now if I can only find a 145 at a decent price I would have all 3 squidders. It is proving to be trouble some very few on auction site and very high.