Clarion Is. trip on the Royal Star

Started by Islandgypsy, February 12, 2015, 10:30:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Islandgypsy

John, yes that is Nacho. Excellent fisherman and he taught me some new tricks. Never a dull moment with Nacho and Hershey aboard.

WalLacewt-think the only star drags I saw were mine! Used a 113 narrow I built with everything I learned from this site as a bait reel for Wahoo when things slowed down on the bombs and Raiders on my jig stick.Landed six on that reel, but kept trying to find the shift button ;D Used a built 501 on my Sabiki bait maker. Both performed flawlessly. -GB

Dominick

Gypsy, thanks for posting those photos.  Of particular interest was the photo where they are hooking up a secondary rod after the first go spooled.  I had heard of this on many occasions but could not visualize it.  The photo showing the set-up gave a "boing moment".  Thanks for that. 
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Aiala

Dom, incredible as it may seem, back in the pre-braid days there were actually instances where two back-up rigs were used...!

I've always wondered what it would feel like to toss a 1600 dollar outfit into the drink... very glad I never had to found out. 
~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Dominick

I got you Aiala.  I think of putting my Penn International 50 VXW and Fenwick Rod in the drink would give me nightmares.  This set up cost me around a grand.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Islandgypsy

My pleasure,Dominick...glad I could show an old salt a new trick ;D-GB

wallacewt

I got you Aiala.  I think of putting my Penn International 50 VXW and Fenwick Rod in the drink would give me nightmares.  (This set up cost me around a grand.  Dominick)
you old miser ;D

Dominick

Quote from: wallacewt on February 15, 2015, 03:45:07 AM
I got you Aiala.  I think of putting my Penn International 50 VXW and Fenwick Rod in the drink would give me nightmares.  (This set up cost me around a grand.  Dominick)
you old miser ;D
;D ;D ;D Dominick

coastal_dan

Awesome trip!  One of these is on my bucket list.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...