left handed tld30

Started by makomyday, February 13, 2015, 08:51:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

makomyday

I picked up a left handed tld30 ,trying find out if this is factory or a conversion .There are no marking indicating left hand on the outside of the reel .Any info on the reel would be helpful .
Thanks jose   

alantani

wow, never seen one before!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

the_reel_doc

Don't think it's factory. Probably a Cal Sheets conversion.

makomyday

Thanks .what do you think it would take to change it back .

conchydong

I would think that you could sell it and make more than enough to purchase a right handed version, or two. If what you have is a true Cal's converted left handed TLD 30, it is a fairly uncommon reel and I am sure worth quite a few $$$$ more than a righty.

the_reel_doc

Quote from: conchydong on February 14, 2015, 12:44:39 PM
I would think that you could sell it and make more than enough to purchase a right handed version, or two. If what you have is a true Cal's converted left handed TLD 30, it is a fairly uncommon reel and I am sure worth quite a few $$$$ more than a righty.
[/quote

x2.   Not sure what all has been converted but you would probably need some parts and that is putting more money into it.]

makomyday

I just opened up the reel.it is a conversion .It was done well by some one with a machine shop access . Going to find anther side plate and sell this one .  the reel has a fair amount of boat rash so not worth much more then I paid for it . 

Bryan Young

Would you be so kind to upload a picture of the sideplate, internally?  Inquiry minds wants to see please.

Thank you.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Tightlines667

Quote from: Bryan Young on February 14, 2015, 05:46:49 PM
Would you be so kind to upload a picture of the sideplate, internally?  Inquiry minds wants to see please.

Thank you.

X2
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.