New in box, old senator 9/0 arrived. Age of this reel anyone?

Started by trond_solem, February 14, 2015, 12:56:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Superhook

Trond,

If there is a number on the catalog it should be easy to date the reel and for $65 you are a thief. How can you sleep?

Ray

Alto Mare

Ray, I'm sure that catalog is #89B, with a 1989 date stamped on it. I don't believe you can really go by that since they all look the same :-\.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

fIsHsTiiCkS

Trond if you end up makin that half frame I will take one!!

trond_solem

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 15, 2015, 02:24:34 AM
Ray, I'm sure that catalog is #89B, with a 1989 date stamped on it. I don't believe you can really go by that since they all look the same :-\.

Absolutetly correct!

trond_solem

Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on February 15, 2015, 06:38:27 AM
Trond if you end up makin that half frame I will take one!!

Great!
I am trying to get the LB-60 version cut first, but if that can be done at a reasonable cost, this is he next one to be made.

Dominick

Trond, have you calculated the cost of shipping to the U.S. and if so what is the approximate amount?  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

trond_solem

Quote from: Dominick on February 15, 2015, 08:33:27 PM
Trond, have you calculated the cost of shipping to the U.S. and if so what is the approximate amount?  Dominick

Shipping cost from Norway to US is ridiculous expensive. About $43.- for up to 1Kg.
The frames will be made somewhere outside of Norway, so i will have most of them shipped directly to a distributor somewhere in the US. A few of them will be shipped to me.
Shipping them one by one from Norway to US will make them way to expensive to sell.