Penn gto 220

Started by bstolton, November 16, 2010, 04:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bstolton

First time working on a penn reel and now realize the importance of taking pics during disasembly. I am not sure if I have installed the eccentric cam spring correctly, it seems like it should snap into a hole or something. I looked at the pics from other models but they all seem to be slightly different than this one.

Thanks Bill

alantani

yeah, that's not correct.  go ahead and screw on the lever and you'll see what the full range of the eccentric is.  in the free position, grab the end tip of the spring and muscle it into the v-notch of the side plate.  the lever should then snap sharply back and forth.  can you get an "after" photo for us?
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

bstolton

Well bent the spring trying to force it into the notch, have a new one on order. Hopefully I can make the new one work. I will post the results in a few days.

Thanks Bill

alantani

ugghhhhh!  sorry about that.   :-[
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

bstolton

Looks like I am back in business. This time I put the end of the spring into the notch and attached the handle and worked it into place, much easier. The dog spring gave me a little trouble but I was able to work thru that also. Thanks for your help and for all the tutorials you have on your site, definitley a big help.

Mainey . . .

have to say "thank you" for the photo's  ;D ;D

I pulled my Penn 220 apart and was a few days before I put it back together again and yes, you got it, I had forgotten where some of the parts went  ::)

With the assistance of your photo's I got it back together perfectly, works like a new one now  ;D

Irish Jigger

Welcome aboard Mainey. It's nice to know that Alan's Site has helped.