A monster of a Bull

Started by Alto Mare, February 14, 2015, 06:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

I've been exchanging a couple of emails with our new member RockyR about the Senators and upgrades, welcome aboard by the way Rocky. On one of the emails he sends me a pic of this 417lb Bull and I thought I would share it with you guys.
This one was caught on a 14/0 with stock drags, don't try it with your tiny two speed reels, you might lose its parts in the sand ;D
Enjoy it!
Sal
http://www.tampabayfishingpier.com/images/rocky_shark.jpg

Thanks for sharing Rocky.

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

harryk3616

now that's no bull, yuk  yuk        hi sal, how are you doing this fine day?   batten down the hatches, more snow heading our way, take care my friend

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Big Tim

CapeFish

One of estimated 600kg was caught on a Trinidad 50 in an estuary in South Africa  :) :) :)

Shark Hunter

I would have liked that picture a lot better if That Beast was swimming away. There is no reason to kill them. Sometimes they die, but that's not how I roll. ;)
Life is Good!

Capt Ahab

Quote from: Shark Hunter on February 16, 2015, 08:11:10 AM
I would have liked that picture a lot better if That Beast was swimming away. There is no reason to kill them. Sometimes they die, but that's not how I roll. ;)

X2

Aiala

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Alto Mare

Yes, I would have loved to pat it on the back and send him on his way, but lets not kick the man while he's down, he might have a good reason, as John did. :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

harryk3616

hi  daron my friend.  as we grow we get a little smarter, i don't know if that is the right word, but now after watching alot of fishing shows todays anglers are big on releasing the fish unharmed. i was guilty years ago of wanting trophy fish,   belonging to a big fishing club the anglers were  always looking for big fish to get a trophy at the end of the year, big whoop, better the fish lived to fight another day and give someone else a thrill. if i had to do it all over again i would release all the fish that wasn't going to the table for dinner. here in new york the fishing restrictions are craz. y with size limit, season to catch them along with bag limit.  to spend $75 to catch two winter flounders is crazy, i realize conservation is a big thing to replenish the specie population, then why don't they stop the drag netters who work up and down the beach sucking up everything in the way of the net catching a heck of alot more than a single angler and then shovel the dead undersized fish over the side. with the cost of fishing and the restrictions on the recreational fisherman it's funny when you see an angler with a t-shirt that says  ''fillet and release  ''.  well, anyway, hope your doing fine and your weather is pleasant,  take care

Aiala

Quote from: harryk3616 on February 16, 2015, 03:02:37 PM
...Why don't they stop the drag netters who work up and down the beach sucking up everything in the way of the net catching a heck of a lot more than a single angler and then shovel the dead undersized fish over the side.

DAMN STRAIGHT!!! (Oops, pardon my French... :P)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Newell Nut

X2 French or Redneck grammar

bluefish69

Harry

I was talking with Joe from the King Cod yesterday and there is good talk about making the Flounder Season 303 days @ 2 fish - @ 12". It might take that long to catch 2 fish in the Bays.Told him that I would see him for Fluke.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

harryk3616

yeah mike,  it's a shame winter flounder are so scarce

RockyR

I harvested this shark for a trophy and to feed half the people that were on the pier that night, it was a legal catch.
I have taken only one out of the many sharks I have caught.
We had a guy down here get attacked and killed locally by a bull this size a few years back. Who knows, I may have also protected a very crowded Florida beach. Regardless, I now have fun doing some good for sharks by tagging them. ;)
-----
Thanks for reporting the sandbar shark recapture # 359536. The shark was originally tagged January 2014 off Boca Grand Pass Florida. Eventually you will receive a full report on this recapture by regular mail, and a hat to thank you for returning the information.
I will have someone send you out a starter tag kit with three tags and a needle to make a tagging stick. Please only use these dart tags on sharks greater than 3 feet in length and robust enough to handle the tag. When you use these three tags up and send us the information, you can request more.
Pat Turner
Apex Predators Program
National Marine Fisheries Service
Narragansett Laboratory