New 113n or 114

Started by Rivverrat, February 16, 2015, 11:11:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Rivverrat

Quote from: Keta on February 17, 2015, 02:03:01 PM
It sounds like you need a Omoto 12.

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=10800.0

Whats wrong with this reel? It looks to good, it's stats are great....it appears perfect for my use?  Does one sell their soul after a years use? It looks & sounds to good to be true.  Any one here fish one hard?

Rivverrat

Which one?

Three se7ens

I haven't fished the omoto, but it sounds perfect for you. Tremendous drag in a smaller and lighter package. It's not like you need 500 yards of mono either.

Keta

I have a Omoto Triple, I have stripped it down to look and I feel it is well built.... that's why I recommended it.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Rivverrat

I hear ya! Your silence screams loudly.

I for one love things that are US made, have a long solid history of doing what they were designed to do. It gives stuff that meets this a soul & an appreciation of ownership that seemingly can only be understood by a few.

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Rivverrat

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 17, 2015, 11:47:11 PM
I recommend the triple!

Thats a pretty high recommendation coming from you Sal.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Rivverrat on February 17, 2015, 11:56:10 PM
Quote from: Alto Mare on February 17, 2015, 11:47:11 PM
I recommend the triple!

Thats a pretty high recommendation coming from you Sal.
I'm not taking sides, just telling it as I see it. I have actually held the Triple and took a very close look at everything.
The Triple Series is a lot of reel for the money.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

fIsHsTiiCkS

Alan C. (Black Pearl) sells this reel in his online store and might be able to help with any manufacture questions. Also, would be a great person to get the reel from, as he is well trusted here. Plus, with Sal liking it, then you know it's a decent reel. I didn't even know he knew other Manufacturers besides Penn made reels  ;) ;D

Rivverrat

Yup I would purchase from him.

basto

This Omoto is a very good price. About 5 years ago I bought 2 twin drag Jigging Master reels and paid about $750AUD each for them.
They pull a lot of drag for their size and are very comfortable to use all day.
This does not diminish my feelings for my PENNS, heck I love mucking around with my old 500 jigmaster at the moment.
Good luck with your decision, whichever way you go.
Basto 
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

Shark Hunter

Here is Sal's tutorial on the mighty Omoto! I have heard nothing but good things about them.
http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=10800.0
Life is Good!