Double doged 130 Sailfisher

Started by Mattman NZ, February 18, 2015, 03:04:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mattman NZ

Hi everyone - I picked up two 130 Sail fisher's late last year and was going to restore both but ran into a problem with one of the spools - It was badly corroded and pitted around the bearing area so I decided to double dog one bridge and leave the other original .The dog was made from a broken 3-200 Squidder bridge - cut out and shaped with a dermal and a file - spring out of a bic lighter and the dog pin was made from an old drill bit .When I flick spin the handle she sounds like an old triumph. ;D
I made the dog the same shape as the original .

Main gear and drags in place .

Everything fits a seems to go in and out of gear and I think ill jewel the bridge later ??.

All done...

Enjoy
Matt...

fIsHsTiiCkS

Nice job! I wish I had that skill! Would love to double dog my 506hs

john2244

Nice work on the 130.  George turned me on to the 130 model and it is a great reel to fish with.  I have a spool if you need one but I am not sure of the condition as I have not seen it in awhile.
John

George4741

I like it!  That looks like a super clean Sailfisher, too.
viurem lliures o morirem

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

foakes

Those Sailfishers are really a great reel -- fairly rare -- and not many people know much about them.

Great job!

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

wallacewt

Alto Mare

Wow!   that looks better than the original.
Matt, you do some serious work, you must be a machinist.
The talent we are here is unreal.
Thanks for sharing it with us.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Totally Awesome Matt! That is some of the best work I have ever seen here. :o
This guy made a dog out of an old squidder bridge! Damn!
I like that Minion Sal. ;D
Life is Good!

harryk3616

great job matt,  very talented,  now go catch some fish

Mattman NZ

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 18, 2015, 05:52:09 AM

Wow!   that looks better than the original.
Matt, you do some serious work, you must be a machinist.
The talent we are here is unreal.
Thanks for sharing it with us.

Sal
Thanks Sal - I wish I was  but i'm a logger at heart and only got into collecting penns in the last year - Gee I remember back in the 80s I pulled my 2nd Penn a  155 apart for a quick clean and lube etc - it took me three goddamn days to get that dam dog and spring back in.lol and now do it in the blink of an eye .
Matt...

DaBigOno

Ua Mau ke Ea o ka Aina i ka Pono

coastal_dan

Beautiful work on the 130!  Nice Stihl as well, my younger brother is an Arborist and loves those things.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

redsetta

Great work mate - some real talent there!
Fortitudine vincimus - By endurance we conquer

broschro