Senator 114H 6/0 Maroon drag problems.

Started by steelfish, February 18, 2015, 08:49:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steelfish

well I will separate my questions on this reel to dont hijack the thread where I was asking.

this is an old maroon 114H a friend brought me to look at it because it dont have any drag power, at the most with the star all locked up you get 2#, I really dont know where he found it but it was in real good shape with a normal oxide and corrosion in some parts.
but found something new to me on the drag stack

maroon 114H in decent shape

according to schematics this reel is missing one tension spring washer here.

metal parts inside the reel are also in decent shape, only excesive use of oil and grease that looks more like mud than reel grease.

surprise surprise..!!

I dont know if this is a normal drag washer material but surely is my first time seeing a drag washer that looks and feel like plastic/ PVC (delrin maybe?), and its also really thick, this might be an upgrade kit from someone or maybe someone was testing drag materials on this reel and just gave up and sold it.

found another after the eared metal shim, same material but black

this is the drags that where in this reel

and this are all the parts up to the handle plus one tension spring washer that dont appear on the picture and the best excuse to show my AT wrencher .. awesome tool, thanks compadre.

rest of the parts of the reel just need a nice cleaning job

so, what can you say about those drags on the reel?

direct to the trash can and get a proper H-100 drags or the updrage drag kit from scotts ?

The Baja Guy

fIsHsTiiCkS

I would go for the whole kit, as you will need new metal washers as well! A new 5 stack will have that thing running right.

Shark Hunter

I have several of those kits Alex.
PM me your address and I'll see what shipping will be. I'm sure I have that other spring washer too.
Life is Good!