australia gone mad

Started by wallacewt, February 19, 2015, 01:10:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rothmar2

Don't you just love the double standards on display here!

Did you end up getting your cam?

Brad_hook

Yeah got the cam 3 days later, I had to pick it up from the post office. I put the handles back in their postage paid satchel & sent them back.

Rothmar2

Been looking forward to hearing about this one Slazmo.
Here's my latest dealings with Shimano Aus's parts and service department....

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=1083.75

Feel free to send me a PM if you feel more comfortable keeping it behind the scenes.

Keta

Quote from: Slazmo on February 20, 2015, 08:16:22 AMDoes anyone have any comments with the Parts Dept and Ordering from Shimano USA???

If they have the parts they get here in 3-4 days, Shimano USA is easy to deal with.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

wallacewt

i got the pins a couple of days ago from aust;
would you believe they sent the wrong springs
bic cigarette lighter has the same size springs
i just had to cut them to length.reel works fine after
about 8/10 weeks
zebco is still threating to cancel my order
they still want $30 postage +parts
it will be the same tomorrow

Dominick

I think I will rant a little bit.  Did you ever notice that you receive a package and the postage or actual shipping charge is something like $5.00, yet you were charged something like $12.00 for shipping?  Companies have stopped paying wages for warehousemen.  The workers are paid with your shipping charges.  However, if the worker handles 30-40 shipments in a day he not only makes his salary but makes a profit for the company.  warehouse salaries are no longer the cost of doing business.  Most shipping charges are outrageous.  That's my rant and I'm not taking it back.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

steelfish

Quote from: alantani on February 20, 2015, 08:45:31 PM
The guys at Shimano USA are great!

I have a bad experience with shimano USA.

they forgot to send me one bearing on a 15 different parts order.
I talk with them 3 times until convince them that they charge the part on my credit card but the bearing was not in the box, it was until they checked the envelop list (whats inside the box) and later they confirmed me the bearing was forgotten.

then I asked for my bearing, they told me they cannot send it cuz they cant pay the extra shipping.
they I offer to pay for the shipping cuz I needed that bearing, then they told me they cannot charge just the shpping alone, it has to be with a part order.
so, they will reimburs me the money they said.. 3 weeks later and still I havent gotten the money back.
I ended up getting the bearing somewhere else.

The Baja Guy

alantani

if you need to order parts from a US company, you can have it shipped to me, and then i can ship it overseas to you. they should be willing to take an overseas credit card.  it's just the shipping where they get stuck.    :-\
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

steelfish

well, they were shipped to a US address (real physical address not a PO Box)

but not hard feelings with them, I've ordered form them two times after that situation and no problems so far.. I actually asked for a store credit to apply it to next purchases and but they said they dont offer that option.

shimano parts store have really nice prices compared to other places, so its a good option. I will try to use it hoping to dont have more bad experiences
The Baja Guy

exp2000

Quote from: Rothmar2 on April 02, 2015, 11:47:53 AM
Been looking forward to hearing about this one Slazmo.
Here's my latest dealings with Shimano Aus's parts and service department....

http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=1083.75

Feel free to send me a PM if you feel more comfortable keeping it behind the scenes.

This is why I am forced to keep such a large inventory of spare parts. Shimano Australia Spare Parts Department have a longstanding history of bad customer service. I count myself lucky if I get a 100% correct order.
~

I did not think that Shimano USA would ship to Australia? Alan has helped me out with this before. Thanks mate ;)

theswimmer

I just call Fred, and then run across the street and pickup my order!
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

exp2000

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Rothmar2

And I can't be bothered talking to them, not worth the bother. (Shimano Aus)
Take Alan T up on his offer Slazmo, or get in touch with exp2000 via PM. You will get better support working with them.
I'm really surprised Shimano Central in Japan hadn't put some pressure on Shimano Aus. to lift their game. I know there are people in the bream tourney scene, and the general angling public out here who are fed-up with Shimano Aus' attitude.
Net result (for me personally, and for a growing list of others) I just avoid their products all together.
I'm sure there are others who have had no problems, but not this black duck.

Rothmar2

Andrew, an amusing snippet to add about fear (well founded), your clients have about sending reels to Shimano Aus, and how us independent reel servicers are hindering Shimano's business.
  When I spoke to person #2 in the post about my recent Tyrnos debarcle (linked in earlier post on this thread) said person boasted he services over 1000 Shimano reels a year......

Let's do a little math and logical reasoning on that claim.

No. Of reels keep at 1000. (but remember he said "over").

Days in year - (52 x2....I'm sure he wouldn't work weekends) = 261

Subtract a further 15 days for Xmas, Easter and long weekends/public holidays combined
261-15= 246

I assume said person gets a couple of weeks annual leave(?)
246-14=232

We'll keep working days/yr there, but I wouldn't mind betting it would be less than that.

So 1000/232= 4.31, say 4.5 reels a day (what a "gun"!).

8 hour working day roughly, less 1/2hr for lunch?
7.5 hours/day actually hands on.

7.5/4.5= 1.67 or 1hr 40mins/reel.

So our gun Shimano reel tech here, thoroughly "services" a reel every 1hr 40mins, that is all Shimano makes and models. That includes taking care of the inevitable frozen and sheared screws or other disassembly problems, cleaning, cleaning and repacking/relubing all bearings, finding an replacing parts where required, testing and tuning reel etc etc, then filling out the paperwork, cleaning and re-organizing the workbench before the next reel.

Call me slow, but I fail to see how any reel can be thoroughly "serviced" in that time.

Basically I interpreted his "I service over 1000 reels/year" claim as telling me I have no idea what I'm talking about, and that I should stop wasting his time about a non-existent fault with the Tyrnos reels (evidence on this board to the contrary).

And Dunphy Sports don't want Shimano reels fixed/serviced/maintained, their core business model is to just keep moving new units. The parts and service department is a token effort to be seen to be have this "service" to tick the marketing departments box.
Doesn't mean it has to be "good".

Yes Andrew, it's hard time they "pulled their finger out of their....." and stop patronizing the people who are try to help keep them looking good.

Rant over.