After Market Power Knobs

Started by fIsHsTiiCkS, February 20, 2015, 08:58:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fIsHsTiiCkS

Hey Guys,

I have been using some very nice after market power knobs I got from a seller on eBay, I just wanted to take a moment to share it with those that are not familiar with them.
As most of us are into upgrading and handle swapping (arm and handle), I think this will help some.

Here is a break down of the knob its self. It comes with the typical setup.

The Knob is made up of thicker aluminum and you can feel the quality of the knob and the the job of the anodizing is very good as well. It holds up well to corrosion and scratching so far. Also, it comes with SS shaft and TWO ball bearing setup that really adds to the refinement.

Only a little bit of oil comes in the bearings and the shaft doesn't seem to have any oil, so taking it apart and regreasing is a MUST for the salt. Another thing to mention is the screw that comes with the knob is 5mm and 7.5mm long before the threads start. It comes with 4 washers but I still had to add 4 more to get it to fit a stock penn handle. I used 316 SS washers from McMaster.

Here is how it looks all together.

This size is the 45mm, which is the biggest size and its limited in colors. Their normal size that is offers is the 40mm and comes in a huge variety. Here are some of the 40mm I have.

I MUST say I am not affiliated with this seller in ANY way. I just like to share my findings with everyone here, as these are TOP quality knobs at a great price of $20 shipped to your door. Shipping is from China but only takes about a week. The quality, 2 bearings, variety, stellar look and affordability of these knobs really make them a first choice in my eyes. Here is the seller http://www.ebay.com/usr/singnol?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2754

Hope this helps someone!

BMITCH

These are nice lookin. Thanks for posting the link. Unfortunately they are closed for the holiday right now.
luck is the residue of design.

Alto Mare

Jason, they do look nice, but I will not purchase anything that requires 4 additional washers to install.
I believe I order some from that seller a year or two ago and wasn't happy with the shaft and the tiny screw to hold it all in...just my opinion.
To date, the best shaft on the handle knob is right here, available from Alan.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: BMITCH on February 20, 2015, 09:47:43 AM
These are nice lookin. Thanks for posting the link. Unfortunately they are closed for the holiday right now.

This I saw after I posted this, still a seller to look into after March 5th.

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: Alto Mare on February 20, 2015, 10:02:52 AM
Jason, they do look nice, but I will not purchase anything that requires 4 additional washers to install.
I believe I order some from that seller a year or two ago and wasn't happy with the shaft and the tiny screw to hold it all in...just my opinion.
To date, the best shaft on the handle knob is right here, available from Alan.

I agree Alans connect for the handle is better, however I have not had an issue and if anything can easily change out the screw if one does arise.

handi2

I haven't used those but on the others grind the stem down a bit so you can toss the washers.
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Keta

The one I put on my ABU 5601C4, with factory arm, did not need washers and with my thicker Penn handle arms it's a non problem.   The seller ships fast and is easy to deal with.

I prefer Alan's type of handle on my larger reels.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: handi2 on February 20, 2015, 02:00:33 PM
I haven't used those but on the others grind the stem down a bit so you can toss the washers.

The problem is that the part that needs the spacers is not threaded. So grinding would not work here. These are universal knobs and that is why washers are needed. I dont see why that is even an issue and doesnt take away from the performance at all. Again, this is just to share something that I feel is a better knob than I have seen prior.