Accurate 113HLW Californian

Started by Shark Hunter, February 22, 2015, 02:08:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Jones

I loved the Californian rods. I grew up down the road from Chino Hills in Cucamonga. My brother actually worked for Turner's for a brief bit. Their warranty was exactly as described, literally like Craftsman tools. We new the vendor and actually picked up some rods with broken tips for almost nothing. They were a little stiffer after being shortened but you couldn't ask for a better jetty rod.
Ron
Ronald Jones
To those who have gone to sea and returned and to those who have gone to sea and will never return
"

steelfish

Daron, what are you plans for that reel?

shelf or beach?

The Baja Guy

Shark Hunter

I'm going to Tank it out. I also am going to acquire a matching Californian Rod for it.
I'm waiting for the second Gen BP Gears. Adam's insert, double dogs. You know the deal.
I will fish it until I catch something big on it. Then Make it a wall hanger.
They are pretty rare, especially the wide version that I have.
Life is Good!

Shark Hunter

As if this Californian wasn't rare enough in this condition. I got a little present today from the one and only Randy Pauly. Life is Good. ;)
Life is Good!

Yogi_fish808

MANNNN, those look beautiful. Now hurry up and get them on the matching Accuframe! Just imagine if there were "Californian" 9/0 Accurate parts out there....

thorhammer

outstanding plates!! I'm sure they will get the full business.

STRIPER LOU

Daron, those plates are amazing! Randy comes thru again. Cant wait to see the finished product.
......................Lou

Shark Hunter

Despite my Desire to Hot Rod Every Senator I open.
This one is left bone stock.

This is pristine as they come.

This frame has never seen the salt.

All my Tanks and a Wide Jigmaster on the end.

Life is Good!

sdlehr

Daron, you have the same wrench that I have... I bet you don't have my problem because you use the larger end more, I use the smaller.... Alan suggested I take a round file to mine - and I did - and it might have helped, but it's too early to know for sure.

Sid
Sid Lehr
Veterinarian, fishing enthusiast, custom rod builder, reel collector

Maxed Out

Wow Daron, those matching plates made that reel into a head turner. Randy is the man.  8)
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Shark Hunter

Sid,
My wrenches work just fine. I have a laser etched one and one that is not.
Neither one has let me down ever.
I work on a lot of reels. Anything from a Long Beach 60 to a 16/0.
I'm just paying my respects to Randy Pauly for these fine plates and my love for a Tanked out 113H.
You need to let the wrench issue go bruh. ;)
Life is Good!

Tightlines667

Daron,
I agree with Ted. 
Those blue plates and frame are a match made in heaven.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

Randy put it to me like this. "If you don't want these plates, consider selling me the frame because these belong together."
Life is Good!

steelhead_killer

><)))">

handi2

OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL