Lee Pro Sideplates

Started by fIsHsTiiCkS, March 03, 2015, 05:21:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fIsHsTiiCkS

Hey Guys,

I picked up some Lee Pro side plates. Just seeing if anyone has some history on these bad boys. Google doesn't yield a lot of results.

Aiala

I have some gold ones on a 113H, and also these on one of my 99s:

I think they're great, I love 'em! Neither of my sets carry the "K C" mark, though; I'm pretty sure there's a specific reason those letters appear on some of the Lee Pro tail plates, but rather than speculate I'll let someone more knowledgeable tell why.  :)

~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Alto Mare

Aiala, that reel is gorgeous, I love green on reels. Well, I love green in my pocket as well ;D.
The letter where a tribute to his wife, I believe she was killed while making a sales, she helped her husband.
I might be wrong, this information was given to me a while back.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Aiala

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 03, 2015, 11:49:09 PM
Aiala, that reel is gorgeous, I love green on reels.

Thanks, Sal. It fishes great, too!  :)

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 03, 2015, 11:49:09 PMWell, I love green in my pocket as well ;D.

Me, too, but being a compulsive reelhead sure empties those pockets in a hurry.   :P

I heard the same story about the wife... very tragic.   :-\

~A~

fIsHsTiiCkS

Beautiful reel! I actually got green ones as well! I plan to do the same build, but with a 501 frame. Also, my plates are not in as good of shape.

Very sad to hear about his wife Sal, I actually like the Lee Pro style plates, feels more like a Penn reell.

vilters

:o that reel's a beauty Aiala!!!! I'm real partial to green too

BMITCH

About 7 years ago I had a shot at excellent condition green Lee pros on fleabay. $60 they went for. I'm kicking myself now. These are beautiful side plates. Nice reels!!
luck is the residue of design.

fIsHsTiiCkS

Here are the plates I was talking about. Not in as good as condition as Aiala's but still that beautiful green.

Aiala

They look fabulous!! Congratulations, and I hope you catch tons of fish with 'em!   :D

~A~

P.S. Now Sal is going to be even more determined to get hold of some!   ;)

Alto Mare

Show off ::) ;D, ok lets talk turkey. What do you need to have for that reel?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

fIsHsTiiCkS

Quote from: Aiala on March 08, 2015, 12:51:51 AM
They look fabulous!! Congratulations, and I hope you catch tons of fish with 'em!   :D

~A~

P.S. Now Sal is going to be even more determined to get hold of some!   ;)

Thanks! I will be using this as a jigging reel. The narrow and 5:1 gear ration will help for vertical gigging! These jigmaster builds have become my favorite reel

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 08, 2015, 02:06:17 AM
Show off ::) ;D, ok lets talk turkey. What do you need to have for that reel?

There isnt enough green to get me to let go of this green beauty! This color green is actually my favorite color and now among my never let go of reel list! But I do have a reel I need to get to you ;D

Alto Mare

;D
It is a beauty Jason, I like both Aiala's and yours.
I'll be waiting for when you two get tired of them ;).
Green on reels is gorgeous, I don't get it why most manufacturers favor Gold  :-\.

By the way, my Firebird in the early 80's was very close to your color with stripes as Starsky&Hutch ;D

day0ne

David

"Lately it occurs to me: What a long, strange trip it's been." - R. Hunter

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.