Penn International Parts

Started by broadway, March 04, 2015, 06:22:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Hey Crew,
    Just trying to find out if there is anyone on this site who works on or does a lot of fishing with these big game reels.  I acquired a box of penn parts with a lot of International parts in the deal that are used and new but none are in bad shape. From main gears to bearings to internals and quadrants along with a Penn 50 or 80 spool (can't remember).  I think I got a good deal according to what Ebay and other sites are offering these parts at... I'm willing to pass it on to a member that will use them.  If there's any interest in these parts let me know by PM.
Thanks
Dom

TechTeach

I have 2 30 tw, 4 50 tw and one 80 T that I use a lot.

Are the parts for the International II or the post frame models?
"Where's that damn dog spring??????"

broadway

Good question...How would I be able to tell? Are the bearings, eccentric lever, preset, gears, etc. different?
My guess would be the ones from the post era but don't wanna BS anyone cause Im not sure.  The other parts in the box are 60's/70's, though.
Thanks,
Dom

harryk3616

hi  dom     hope all is well by you, take care

broadway

What's up Harry? How ya feeling? Do you work on these behemoths, too?
Dom

harryk3616

no dom       all my work is for my own collection, those golden babies too rich for my blood

Tightlines667

I am definately interested.  Can you post pictures, and let me know what you would need for the whole lot.  Most of my buisness has typically been on 50, 80, and 130 sized internationals, and I could certainly use some parts.  I am especially interested in internationsl I stands, and clicker assembly parts.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

That's funny Dominick, I saw that thread right after I posted this.
John, I will take some photos tomorrow. Please PM me your email address. Some of these bearings look like boat trailer bearings... those reels are huge and intimidating to work on for me, as well.
Harry, I'm with you.  Those reels are for the big boys... I'm still a little fish in a big pond.  Not to mention we have to go pretty far offshore here (typically) to use something that big.
Thanks
Dom

Dominick

Dom he is also easy to deal with and describes his stuff pretty good.  I purchased a 16/0 from him it is a beauty. Click on his name for his email address.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

Parts are SOLD... You're right Dominick, John is easy to deal with ;)
Thanks
Dom

Tightlines667

Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Shark Hunter

As soon as I saw this post, I knew you would be the buyer John. ;)
Life is Good!