505/506 HS double dog

Started by otghoyt, March 05, 2015, 01:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BMITCH

Hi Alan. Does the SS double dog bridge you have fit up with the 505/506. If not, do you have one in the works?? If so, WOTHoyt could just shorten one of the dogs on your drop in assembly and have SS all the way through.
luck is the residue of design.

Mattman NZ

Yeh Thanks Shark Hunter I wouldn't trust them in any reel larger than the Squidder or 155 size reels - I made some way back in 19-91-92 for a mate using a 155l - never tested the drag on that reel in lbs but two-three weeks later he caught a 56lb short tailed black ray using 12lb crystal clear main line with 25lb leader - took him over 40 minutes to pull that ray in.

Black Pearl

Quote from: BMITCH on March 06, 2015, 12:13:55 AM
Hi Alan. Does the SS double dog bridge you have fit up with the 505/506. If not, do you have one in the works?? If so, WOTHoyt could just shorten one of the dogs on your drop in assembly and have SS all the way through.

No, my bridge won't fit 505/506.
No, this is not on my project list. My plate is full right now.

Sorry...

Thanks,
--Alan

BMITCH

Thanks Alan. I just thought it may be a short cut for WOTHoyt. Looks like you'll be grinding and filing dude. It's all good ;)
luck is the residue of design.

Alto Mare

Matt, very creative the way you recycle things. A reel manufacturer could really use you, I would love to see what you would create, having everything available to you.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Mattman NZ

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 06, 2015, 02:05:02 AM
Matt, very creative the way you recycle things. A reel manufacturer could really use you, I would love to see what you would create, having everything available to you.
Thanks Sal - I done a test using the factory under gear washer against the milk bottle washer HDP = High density polyethylene and pulled a number that I would be happy with - and I chose between 8 to 10 pounds - I used a bucket and filled it just over the 5 liter mark and cranked up the star with the factory washer and was surprised it lifted it without too much effort .Next a quick strip and changed the under gear to the hdp washer and cranked up the star again and lifted the same weight with ease - What I did notice when I backed off the drag it was real jerky with the factory washer but a lot smoother with the hdp washer. Worked out it lifted over 11lbs - 5kgs .
Took some more pics too.
Enjoy.

The two washers side by side .

Shark Hunter

Guess I better start saving those Milk Jugs. ;)
Good Stuff Matt! ;D
Life is Good!

otghoyt

I am on track with the insights of Mattman NZ.  Thank you very much.

BMITCH...a drop-in would be too much to ask.  Besides I like the "feel good" factor of making it myself

Black Pearl.  The way you responded tells me you did read my previous post(s).  Thank you all the same.

All my 505/6s are factory drilled for the LH version so it's easy peasy and the timing should be right on for a simultaneous dog drop. 

I use a product called Nyloil under ALL my mains.  Hard to find, real hard to work with.

All my drags break free seamlessly and absolutely linear!!   It's my trademark.  I can feel everything that fish is doing down there.

wothoyt

Mattman NZ

All good WOThoyt - looks like a nice tidy bridge .