Main Menu

BACK UPDATE

Started by HOLEINTHEWATER, March 05, 2015, 11:42:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

HOLEINTHEWATER

STARTED PHYSICAL THERIPY THIS WEEK AND GET MY FIRST BACK INJECTION ON FRIDAY. HOPE IT CAN GET THIS BACK FELLING BETTER, SO I CAN DO SOME FISHING.

Alto Mare

I hope it works out Dave. Let me know how it's doing, I have a couple slipped discs.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tiddlerbasher

Good luck Dave - hope it works out ok. I've got a thumb joint operation next week - Won't be able to use the thumb for months >:(

MFB

Hope you make a speedy recovery.

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Shark Hunter

Wishing You a Quick Recovery Dave! ;D
Daron
Life is Good!

Dominick

la vecchiaia è una corona.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Dominick on March 05, 2015, 07:08:03 PM
la vecchiaia è una corona.  Dominick
Yup! well said my friend ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Tightlines667

Good luck with the recovery.  I'd advise taking the PT seriously. Unfortunately, I think alot of back issues require long term care to resolve.  I slipped my 2 lower discs about a year and a half ago, and have been continuing to work on keeping it healthy.  I've had 3 injections, 2 full PT sessions, several months at Chiro, new bed, changing posture etc..., not easy to keep on top of it though and I do have somewhat regular episodes.  Too many years living on commercial fishing vessels at sea, coupled with a lifetime of poor posturefinally caught up with me at age 40.  I hope the injection helps.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Newell Nut

Please be patient and be a good patient. You will heal better that way.

Reel 224

If it is of any consolation to you, I have had three epidural injections better then 15 years ago after having three torqued discs in my lower spine. I was in such pain I couldn't hardly move or walk. Between the injections and PT along with Electro Stimulation I improved 98% after a few Months. But I have to be very careful when lifting or twisting. You should do fine but you will have to change some of your movements and lifting habits. I'm going to be 69 in a month and still able to fish as well as doing other activities.     
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Tiddlerbasher

When you lift - bend the legs not the back - the thighs will take the strain. DON'T ever try and lift and twist at the same time - there lies pain and suffering :'( Been there done that!!!

Tightlines667

I've been thinking a good lower stand up setup would be important on a big fish.  As long as your legs take the load, your back should be fine.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

HOLEINTHEWATER

A WEEK OF PT AND THE INJECTION ON FRIDAY, FEELING BETTER. WENT FOR A COUPLE MILE WALK YESTERDAY.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!