Adam"s Star drag wheels

Started by STRIPER LOU, March 13, 2015, 04:16:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

STRIPER LOU

Got a few handles and star wheels from Adam the other day. VERY, very nice stuff and built like tank so to say!!!
Wanted to lighten it up a bit as I want to keep as much weight off my 113h's as possible. Not my best work, tough to drill with a hand drill, and Adam is using some serious material. Got a few countersink holes to fix and some polishing to do but not bad considering. When I get a drill press in the near future they'll come out better.
If you attempt this at home, center punch carefully and make sure you use a center drill to start, especially if your using a hand drill.

The wife said, looks like one of those Asian thing they throw for chopping people up?  NOT!!!!!
Regards to all,   ...   Lou

BMITCH

Lou, nice work. Good idea. You did great with the drilling by hand. I may have to borrow this idea.
luck is the residue of design.

Bryan Young

Nice work for a hand drill...that says a lot about the machinist. 
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

steelfish

Quote from: STRIPER LOU on March 13, 2015, 04:16:55 PM

The wife said, looks like one of those Asian thing they throw for chopping people up?  NOT!!!!!

sharpen a bit the sides of each pike/arm and will certainly look like a Ninja star
The Baja Guy

Alto Mare

Great looking star Lou, thanks for the idea.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

STRIPER LOU

Thanks for all the replies guys. Its parts for the last of 2 YTS's I'm finishing up. Decided to turn most of my 113h's into the narrow version to save on weight. I think It shaves off 3 to 4 ounces. Lets hope I'm making the right decision .........................lou

Three se7ens