Parts Organizer.

Started by Alto Mare, March 09, 2015, 09:17:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

I've been using the Husky Deep Professional Organizer for over a year and they're working out nicely.
These come with removable bins, making them very helpful when servicing reels.
I have about ( 8 ) and will be getting a couple more.
Today I decided to organize the organizers ;D, here are some pics, just in case you wanted to give it a shot

The boxes come with 1/2" overhang on top, just what you would need to make it work as I did

bins are 3 1/2" tall, these hols lots of parts

Nothing like Fred's Library file cabinets, but they should do you just fine.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

mike1010

It must be nice to have tools and skills.

harryk3616

reel nice  sal      being mobile with the casters is a great idea. a reel efficient storage cabinet, thanks for sharing. a good winter project

Shark Hunter

Good Work Sal. I need to get on that. I have started using empty plastic coffee containers. That's not going to cut it.
Life is Good!

Bryan Young

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Tightlines667

Nice work.  I was thinkimg about making a single shelf that holds plano parts bins, and one larger (maybe a Husky, or rubbermaid container).  My various plano bins, coffee containers, and ziplocks are getting a bit out of hand.  Should be the next best thing to Fred's refurbed card catalog, or the master workshop shelving setup.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

fIsHsTiiCkS

Nice work! I wish I had a garage to do that kind stuff!

Alto Mare

Thanks guys.
By the way the top makes a good place to service reels as well, the 4" sides will do a good job of keeping everything on the bench.

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Hey what are you doing building stuff when the driveway needs shoveling?   :D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Socal399

Tiddlerbasher

Love it Sal - another little project for me ;)

handi2

I need about 6 of those...!
OCD Reel Service & Repair
Gulf Breeze, FL

Alto Mare

I decided to use the top shelf as a workbench, since it was at the correct height, I decided to set it up with a couple of things that I use often.
I do know that belt sanders are already available to set on benches,  but I like this sander much better, lots more power and comes with 6 speed.
This bench is for servicing reels while standing, it won't work if you're sitting.

Sal

thorhammer

Nicely done, Sal! where do you get that belt sander?

Alto Mare

Quote from: thorhammer on March 19, 2015, 07:41:43 PM
Nicely done, Sal! where do you get that belt sander?

Here you go:
https://www.ridgid.com/us/en/3x18-belt-sander
I just want to mention that this sander was designed to be used with the belt facing down on top of the work piece. If you haven't used it as I'm showing, it will take a little time to get used to it, you will probably make some small parts fly off your hands at first, but once you get used to it it will be great, gently applying the pressure will help.