DRAINAGE/WEEP HOLES IN REELS

Started by LTM, March 10, 2015, 01:01:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LTM

Folks,

How effective are these drainage/weep holes in your reels? Any diy pictures, comments?

Thanx,

Leo

alantani

they work, but you still need to grease everything inside. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

LTM, after rinsing off my reels and letting them dry, I wipe them down with a rag impregnated with Reel-X.  I then put them in the sun with the drain holes facing up so that when they get warm the water vapor has a place to escape.  It has worked well for me for years.  Alan, I also grease as you have advocated for years.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Slazmo

I drill 1mm drainage holes into all my Abu overheads (underside and closer to the inside edge), they're notorious for internal corrosion due to water sitting.

I do t grease internal side plates however spray a little silicone oil in and paint it all over the inside.

I don'thave a Iissue with many other reels i own as some reels i am trying to keep water tight. Mainly bait casters are offending culprits due to their designs.

No corrosion yet which is good.

Alto Mare

Quote from: Dominick on March 10, 2015, 07:10:46 PM
LTM, after rinsing off my reels and letting them dry, I wipe them down with a rag impregnated with Reel-X.  I then put them in the sun with the drain holes facing up so that when they get warm the water vapor has a place to escape.  It has worked well for me for years.  Alan, I also grease as you have advocated for years.  Dominick
Dominick, I believe you should place yourself in the sun and drain a bit ::).
:-*
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Dominick

Quote from: Alto Mare on March 11, 2015, 12:39:58 AM
Dominick, I believe you should place yourself in the sun and drain a bit ::).
:-*
Quote from: Shark Hunter on March 11, 2015, 02:09:52 AM
:D That might take a while.
Sometimes it does take awhile for the alcohol to dissipate.  I have awakened in the middle of the night and felt the alcohol draining from my brain.  Seriously, and I think it is because I don't drink enough.  ;)
Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.