Hi from Tanzania

Started by JTKilwa, March 11, 2015, 08:52:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JTKilwa

Hi All, thanks Alan for a great site. I found you while trying to repair a Penn Liveliner out here in Tanzania's forgotten South Coast. I will be bugging some of you for help. My main battle here is access to spare parts and things like grease etc. So those of you who are good at jury rigging please help! Just wanted to say Hi and thanks again - so much useful stuff on here. JT

Bryan Young

Hi JT,

Welcome.  If we can be of any help, please feel free to ask.

Bryan
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Zimbass

Hi JT from the landlocked south !

Terry.
Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

foakes

Welcome, JT --

Thanks for checking in.

There is always more than enough folks to help with whatever questions you may have.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

alantani

welcome!  we had a doctor visiting from your country.  the medical center apparently has a medical school, a pharmacy school a hospital and a poison information center, all on one campus.  the doctor was also telling us that you had great fishing.  it's on my list of places to visit, someday!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

JTKilwa

Quote from: Zimbass on March 11, 2015, 01:50:22 PM
Hi JT from the landlocked south !

Terry.

Hi Terry - I am a Zimbo too, found myself up north here these many years!

Thanks to all for the welcome!

Zimbass

Once a Zimbo always a Zimbo !!

So many of us spread all over the word, but connected by a deep love and affection for the country that we call home.

Never was so much owed by so many to so few.

Marcq

bluefish69

Quote from: alantani on March 12, 2015, 01:26:51 AM
welcome!  we had a doctor visiting from your country.  the medical center apparently has a medical school, a pharmacy school a hospital and a poison information center, all on one campus.  the doctor was also telling us that you had great fishing.  it's on my list of places to visit, someday!

Alan

If you go then you can put Dominick in a carry - on & put him in the over head.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.