Lucky Rod

Started by Newell Nut, March 11, 2015, 12:27:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newell Nut

In last Thursdays report I mentioned a lady on the Pastime Princess that used the abalone inlay rod that I made up for the party boat. I had told her that it was a lucky rod and she had a great day catching some nice fish.

Today a guy from PA arrived early this morning and a really nice guy. I got out the abalone rod for him and told him that it was a very lucky rod. On the very first reef he caught really big porgy that won the jackpot of over $200 today. He now wants me to build him a custom rod. ;D

Dominick

Hey Sal, let's meet Dwight and borrow his lucky rod.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Bryan Young

Very lucky indeed.  You can make a few more.  Abalone shells and Taibun shells coming your way.  Should get there bu Friday I hope.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

BMITCH

Wow Dwight! That rods got goooooood mojo! Forever that rod will be special.
luck is the residue of design.

Newell Nut

It is really amazing to see this two days in a row and don't forget it has Jason tuned up LB60 on it. I have been building rods for everybody else so tonight I put the final coat on my first custom build for me. The top inlay is a juvenile great white tooth inlay and on the underside by the hook keeper is an abalone inlay. That rod should have some serious mojo too. One of a kind. It is a musky blank and I will top it off with a Newell 220 maxed out with a 5 stack drag and tib frame. Target is cobia and mangos but I take what I can get.

BMITCH

Can't wait to see it Dwight! Sounds awsome.
luck is the residue of design.

fIsHsTiiCkS

Sounds like you are really helping put fish on that boat! I'm glad that LB 60 is getting a solid work out. I would prob. Never have used it, so I'm glad it's in good hands!

I'm excited about getting a rod from you Dwight! Make sure to put some extra luck on that's one  ;)

Shark Hunter

Can't wait to see it Dwight. Even Juvenile's have some pretty big Chompers.
Life is Good!

Newell Nut

Quote from: fIsHsTiiCkS on March 11, 2015, 02:01:09 AM
Sounds like you are really helping put fish on that boat! I'm glad that LB 60 is getting a solid work out. I would prob. Never have used it, so I'm glad it's in good hands!

I'm excited about getting a rod from you Dwight! Make sure to put some extra luck on that's one  ;)
I will do my best for you Jason.

Newell Nut

Quote from: Shark Hunter on March 11, 2015, 02:08:27 AM
Can't wait to see it Dwight. Even Juvenile's have some pretty big Chompers.

Just like those top ones. Perfect triangle and serrated.

Newell Nut

Photos of the complete build are in the Fishing Rods section.