Penn 12/0, 14/0, 16/0

Started by Strick, March 12, 2015, 05:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FatTuna

That hammerhead is a beast. That's crazy you catch those things from the beach. What a bizarre looking creature. Very cool.

Three se7ens

Quote from: Aiala on March 13, 2015, 01:34:42 AM

Amen to that, Sal. I've never been a fan of this show. I wonder how they'd go about testing "when pigs fly"??  :P

~A~

Air cannon :D

Alto Mare

They would have run out of time on their show, while trying to get it to 700 degree if they had an Acetal washer on top and bottom and Cal's greased HT-100's :-\
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

ChileRelleno

Strick,
I've seen reels smoked while sharking, but never heard or saw one get hot enough to compromise the side plates.
Like Daron said, if it has been taken care of in the least bit, it is going to take it & dish it out.
12' Hammer on a 12/0?...  I caught a 8' Scalloped Hammer on a fully upgraded 6/0, it took much longer & faster runs than the 12'.
Much more heat generated, it was very hot to the touch, but not a wisp of smoke.
And no damage internally on the plates.

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

From Here on out John. I will refer to you as "J.C. Hammer". ;D
Life is Good!