Cog wheel bearing size?

Started by Fishit 2, March 14, 2015, 09:55:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fishit 2

Hey guys, tried searching the site and couldn't find the answer but I'm planning on making my own and plan on shaving a cog to accept a bearing. Some sites are charging up to $40 for this part and I figure I can make my own and buy the parts separate, I just need the correct bearing size, any help would be appreciated, thanks
President of the Down Beach High Class Hookers fishing Club.

You can get them for only a few bucks at hookless.com.    He also has the manufactured cog to fit, they are not very expensive.

Keta

I'm easily confused, can you post a link to what you are doing?
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Fishit 2

If you consider $17 cheap I wish I had your money. I figure I can buy the cog for $5, the bearings (3)for under $10 I would then have to shave the cog to allow the bearing. Here is what I'm talking about:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/171481340138?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
President of the Down Beach High Class Hookers fishing Club.

Bryan Young

Oh, I was wondering what you were talking about.  Those come with one or two bearings.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D