Tiburon Narrow 114H

Started by rjones, March 15, 2015, 09:56:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rjones

I recently bought a narrowed 114h off the ebay, upgraded the drags and added one of alan t's handles. All in all a great reel, however it is missing three of the four screws that hold the reel seat to the tiburon frame.  Any ideas on what size and/or where to get these screws?
Rob

Alto Mare

Screw size are 8-40

You could get them here:
a

These are for the right side plate, the 39-13 are for the left side plate, but with the aluminum frame, you might be better off with the 39-12 for both sides.

If you wanted stainless steel screws, these I believe are all in 39-12 in size, You will get the bearings as well with the kit, good to have for spare.
http://www.reelygone.com/asscandbeset3.html

Now I just want to mention, that if the reel came to you with missing screws, I hope I'm wrong, but that usually isn't a good sign.
Before you get into it, check the threads on the missing screws by using one of the other screws.
At times, when the reel is neglect, you will run into stripped threads.
Good luck!

Sal

"Edited as per Moderators to correct Scott's Bait & Tackle over to their new store name Mystic Reel Parts / www.mysticparts.com"

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

rjones

Sal,

I appreciate your response but just to be clear, the screws I am looking for are on the Tiburon frame mounting the reel seat to the frame.
Rob

Alto Mare

Sorry Rob, I missed that.
Try these, I believe they should work:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#98164A134
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

alantani

i've got a narrow frame sitting my lap right now, found four screws that will work.  send me a pm with your address and i will get them out before we go to dom's house for dinner. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

rjones

Went to the local hardware store and found some ss bolts that will work.  Thanks to everybody.
Rob

alantani

Quote from: rjones on March 15, 2015, 07:20:38 PM
Went to the local hardware store and found some ss bolts that will work.  Thanks to everybody.

are you sure?  it's a 40 thread per inch machine screw, not the 32's that are commonly available through your typical hardware store.  i have some 6-40's ready to go. let me send you these, just in case. 

Alto Mare

Alan, I'm not sure if ours are different, I pulled a screw from one of my tiburon  frames, but not the newer topless and it is an 8-32 as I stated above :-\

alantani

yeah, i'm sure you're right, they have to be.  it's easy to tell the difference between a 32 pitch and a 40 pitch.  rj, if you need them, just let me know.