Protecting your Plinthy Pieces...

Started by coastal_dan, March 17, 2015, 01:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broadway

Lol... you always make me crack a smile, Big Dom!
Dom

Maxed Out

Quote from: Penn Chronology on March 19, 2015, 04:00:49 PM
Hey, when info was passed on to me, I was told it was a secret! This place is worse than the CIA, all the secrets are out.............. :D

That's it.........nothing is sacred anymore :D The cat is outta the bag now Mike, but I still own copyrites to any book deal  ;D
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Shark Hunter

You should have bought stock in Nevr-Dull Ted. ;)
Life is Good!

coastal_dan

Ok, going to photo crazy here for a minute...pictures are a little dark but you get the idea, I was seriously watching The Hobbit so you have to have the mood lighting :)

This stuff...oh man...is awesome.  The reels looked good before this stuff, now they look fantastic!  This may become a monthly thing for me..."No honey I can't do the dishes, I HAVE to polish my reels!" (Yeah, that'll go over well  ;D)

International 6 (This was a used reel) - After

International 50 50th Ed. - Never used - After

9/0 Senator - Used on a Charter Boat - After

Spent about 15 - 20 minutes on each reel.  Relaxing and gratifying; my kind of time spent  :)

Thanks all for the recommendations! I <3 AT.com
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Penn Chronology

Those are beautiful. They look like you bought them from Ted............ :)

Maxed Out

Dan, those are sweet looking reels.

Looks to me like you borrowed them from a fishing museum. Cool stuff, thanks for sharing.

Maxed Out

Quote from: Penn Chronology on March 20, 2015, 01:18:12 PM
Those are beautiful. They look like you bought them from Ted............ :)

Nice try Mike, but I don't own any reels as nice as Dans. Those really are plinth worthy :o !!........ Mine are all cupboard queens in comparison.

coastal_dan

Means a lot coming from you guys; thanks for all the info you guys have passed on with the site.  Most of my other reels wouldn't be affected by much polishing, no mater how much you use!  ;D
Dan from Philadelphia...

foakes

Hey Guys & Gals --

After a Certified Audit and a review by our Legal Counsel -- we will be awarding this rare and highly sought after DelMar -- to the winner of the "Guess the Number of Penn Reels Completed from Old Parts and Pieces Contest".

Daron is providing a custom Plinth for this one of a kind centerpiece -- that any serious Penn collector would need to complete their collection.

Certifications should be completed and in place over the next week or two.

However, there is one question yet to be answered --

Does Ted think this will clean up with 1 can of Never Dull -- or might we need 2?

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shark Hunter

Great Job on those reels Dan. They look Amazing! :o
Fred, I will send you a Plinth, but I don't know if its going to help. ::)
Life is Good!

Maxed Out

Quote from: foakes on March 20, 2015, 04:36:23 PM
Hey Guys & Gals --

After a Certified Audit and a review by our Legal Counsel -- we will be awarding this rare and highly sought after DelMar -- to the winner of the "Guess the Number of Penn Reels Completed from Old Parts and Pieces Contest".

Daron is providing a custom Plinth for this one of a kind centerpiece -- that any serious Penn collector would need to complete their collection.

Certifications should be completed and in place over the next week or two.

However, there is one question yet to be answered --

Does Ted think this will clean up with 1 can of Never Dull -- or might we need 2?

Best,

Fred

Fred, that's a one can job Ha Ha. That is a neat piece you have there Fred, with a rare odd colored side plate to boot !!...and that handle is something special. It looks like it was made by an ancestor of Lee and was likely state of the art at the time Ha Ha. ;D

coastal_dan

That handle looks like an antique kitchen utensil piece at least the is a washer between the handle and the extension...I also like the 'adjustable' reel foot...or the custom shaped side plate.  Must be a salesman special to see how it functions on the opposite side, haha!
Dan from Philadelphia...

broadway

Dan, you've got it figured out, man. Those reels are exactly why I use the stuff... They come out perfect from almost perfect.
Fred, that Delmas looks like a good porgy reel for us nor'easters :D
Dom

Tightlines667

I picked up my first can of Never Dull today.   Can't wait to give it a try. 

Can't wait to see the DelMar all shined up sitting atop its very own Plithe.  Restoring this classic to its rightful place may signify all is finnally right with this world.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

Penn Chronology

QuoteAfter a Certified Audit and a review by our Legal Counsel -- we will be awarding this rare and highly sought after DelMar -- to the winner of the "Guess the Number of Penn Reels Completed from Old Parts and Pieces Contest".

Fred,,,,, what have you done!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG, after years of searching, I see that you have uncovered the long lost surviving Delmar from the Chernobyl Melt Down........................................... :-X :-X :-X :-X

In the antique fishing reel collecting world, this has been one of its most highly protected secrets. This Delmar was found along with the surviving Ten Commandment stones stored in the Ark of the Covenant, as reported in the Book of Exodus and was later used by John the Baptist on many of his fishing trips on the Sea of Galilee,  but, since nothing in the Alan Tani world stays a secret too long , you have let the Cat out of the Bag :o :o :o :o :o :o.

For thousands of years this reel has been missing, long suspected to have been spirited to Eastern Asia by Wild Roving bands of Gypsies and finally uncovered during the Chernobyl melt down only to disappear again into the mist!!

The fishing world will never be the same..................................... :-\ :-\

I am floored....

I am not to be held responsible for any of the content of this post.