Fishing Reel Parts

Started by JDL, March 19, 2015, 04:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDL

Good Morning to all,

We have been watching this forum for some time and we have several customers that use us that are active members of this forum.   The latest was rowdyw - Rudy - who was in our office yesterday and we thank him for mentioning us.  We are the owners of JDL Treasures, LLC.  My name is Doug and my partner (my beautiful wife) is Jennifer.  We have 2 domain names http://usedreelparts.com/ and http://platinumreelparts.com/.  We have owned and run this company since 2010 together and have made a decision to sell on the ebay platform.   As some people or a lot of people do not like ebay - there are millions that love it.   It is expensive to sell on the site BUT it does make buying and selling much more secure than a regular website.   If you visit our store you will see that we are committed to the platform since we are just shy of 16,000 listings.  This message is not just to promote us but to explain who we are, what we have done and why we do what we do.   I have owned and operated a telecom business for the past 23 years - you will see if you go on our site not just reel parts but telephone equipment as well.  Jenn was working in advertising and with an online college before we started JDL.  We got into Coins, Antiques and Collectibles until we got the fishing bug and began to sell rods and reels.  I am a life long boater so the introduction into the rod and reel business was just a natural.   After realizing that there was no way to buy old parts for discontinued reels that we broken and could not be repaired, we began to develop where we are right now.   Today we have 40,000 active items and we have just purchased 250,000 Penn, Shimano & Daiwa new parts.  We have heard from some that are prices are too high.  Well it is really hard to price out items that are no longer available and there is no "book" on what parts are worth.  This is another reason we have decided to stay with ebay.  We offer the "best offer" option on EVERY listing!!   We do not mean to offend ANYONE and are willing to listen to any reasonable offers or conversations.  We are very good at what we do and I have personally taken apart almost EVERY model of reel that we have in stock!!  But that does not mean that we are perfect.  We have made some errors and we WILL stand behind what we sell.  We have 3 people working for us now and we all take great pride in what we do and what we sell.   My wife and I have 3 daughters and this business is our ONLY job.  We work 16 - 18 hours a day as this is our ONLY source of income.  We are here for ALL and will work as hard as we can for ALL that would like our assistance.   We thank you for the time on the forum and PLEASE if you have any questions - do not hesitate to contact us.   Thank you again.

alantani

link!  we need a link!!!!  and maybe a few photos......   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

alantani

Quote from: alantani on March 19, 2015, 04:46:22 PM
link!  we need a link!!!!  and maybe a few photos......   ;D

oh, and welcome!!!!!!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

http://www.ebay.com/usr/jdltreasures1?_trksid=p2047675.l2559
I buy from JDL Regularly.  Never had a problem with them. Great to deal with.
I have parts on the way from them right now.
Welcome aboard Doug and Jennifer! ;D
Life is Good!

Bryan Young

I've modified their message to include a hyperlink to their sites.

Welcome.  You probably have seen me a few times as well.  Thank you for your great service and ease of work together.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Bryan Young

By the way, if I send you a list of shimano part numbers, would you be able to look to see if you have the parts (new or used)?
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

JDL

http://www.platinumreelparts.com/

We also have

http://www.usedreelparts.com/

But since most of our inventory has turned to new we will be moving over to the Platinum reel parts.   JDL Treasures, LLC is our corporate name.   Attached are some picks of what we are working on and our warehouse

JDL

Bryan,

Thank you for the nice comment.   You can send me the list BUT We have not a clue what are in these boxes.  We have been working on Shimano this week - Penn last week and this is just crazy.  Everything is marked BUT not in any order.   We have 1 guy that is listing almost all day and he is 1000's of listing behind.   We are listing EVERY part with a part number to make it easier to find so if you go to our home page and type in the RD, BNT, TT or TGT number - Just remember it is 4 or 5 digits after the letters including leading zeros it will come up if we have them.   Let me know if I can do anything else for you. 

JDL

Daron,

Also - Thank you for the business as well as the nice comments!!!   Your parts are on their way!!

Keta

Welcome aboard. 

I've had problems with the wrong parts being sent and your people arguing about it (the parts have numbers and it's obvious) but I will say you are 100% honest and a very good source of hard to get parts.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

JDL

Keta,

Like I said in my first post we are not always perfect - most the of the time we are BUT we do mess up and if we do WILL ALWAYS address it.  Sorry if you had something wrong.  We do get in a ton of reels that have the wrong parts on them believe it or not and that is usually where the problem will start.   Again always here if you need anything or need some assistance.  I answer everything myself at this point in time so there are very few issues!!   Thanks again. 

Keta

No big deal and you are honest, that goes a long ways.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Marcq

I have dealt with them in the past on ebay, I like the best offer option

So far so good and welcome

Marc..

Doug

I just ordered and received some used parts last week. Great source for used parts and fast service. the prices are sometimes out of line but the make and offer option helps.  Doug

Newell Nut

These guys run a straight up business and the Newell Nut has a large stock of their parts. Have you kept a tally of how much you have shipped to Port Orange, FL? Now you know who I am. Got more on the way today right?
I offer what I think is a fair price for both parties and it is always accepted and shipping quickly.