Rivers Inlet Knot

Started by coastal_dan, March 20, 2015, 05:18:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastal_dan

Anybody tying this guy?  I'm intrigued...currently I tie the uni knot and on the rare occasion an Improved clinch (ball bearing swival no snap).  But always looking for others to give a shot...looks like this only applies to < 40 test but retains 100% line strength.

http://www.salmonuniversity.com/ol_knots.html

With braid I'll tie a Palomar Knot to a Tactical Angler clip, then have my fluoro leader, usually #40 Seaguar, tie one end to a ball bearing swivel and the other end tied to the jig/hook/lure.

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Reel 224

I have used all of those knots one time or the other, but my favorite knot for Braid to Fluoro Carbon is an Alberto Knot. From there I tie all terminal tackle. I never tie directly to Braid with terminal tackle.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

mike1010

Yes, doubling the line for an improved clinch gives a much stronger knot.

For braid to mono/fluoro, I like the Bristol or "no name" knot.  It is very compact, tests better than most things, and is fast to tie.  A Bimini twist is recommended for the first part of that knot, but there's no way I can tie a good Bimini in a hurry or in the dark, so instead I usually use a surgeon's loop with at least five turns.

--Mike

STRIPER LOU

That's a great knot and I use it a lot! I also put a drop of super glue on all my knots. Kind of an a_al thing but never had a problem.
........................Lou

Islandgypsy

Dan, since you're already tying the Uni, try doubling the line then ty your Uni as you normally would. Once you get used to drawing all parts up it's fast and easy. One year at the Hall Show it beat out all all other knots for retaining line strength 40 and under on the line testing machine at the Izor booth. Been using ever since...GB