Senator 114H drag problem.

Started by trond_solem, March 22, 2015, 09:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trond_solem

Quote from: Keta on March 23, 2015, 04:13:09 PM
Another "fix" would be to remove the ears off of an eared washer and put it between the gearsleeve ratchet and the delrin/CF under gear washer.

Yes, but I don't have any spare washers (yet).

Shark Hunter

Trond,
I'll put some pieces of Delrin in with the rod brace heading to Norway tomorrow. ;)
Life is Good!

Dominick

Quote from: foakes on March 23, 2015, 02:32:53 PM

This site is made up of some folks way ahead of us in technical expertise --
Best, Fred

Like me... ;D ;D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

trond_solem

Quote from: Shark Hunter on March 23, 2015, 05:20:15 PM
Trond,
I'll put some pieces of Delrin in with the rod brace heading to Norway tomorrow. ;)

Great!

Thanks!

Mic

And me!

Now I have to ask, Would it be a recommendation to file the shoulders down on closer if I was go to say "upgrade" my drag washer stack with thinner plates ? Maybe make sure the first washer is the old style thick set and the others thinner ?
I'd rather not replace the gear sleeve if I didn't have to.

Darn yawl are great! Thanks Trond~!

Oh, by the way Alan, my wife hates you! Just incase you didn't know. But don't let that spoil a drink of good beer. ;D

Bryan Young

Quote from: Mic on March 23, 2015, 05:53:02 PMNow I have to ask, Would it be a recommendation to file the shoulders down on closer if I was go to say "upgrade" my drag washer stack with thinner plates ? Maybe make sure the first washer is the old style thick set and the others thinner ?

I'd rather not replace the gear sleeve if I didn't have to.

I would recommend installing and inspecting the drag stack as you are installing them and if you must, you may need to grind down the flat of the gear sleeve or grind down the slot in the gear.  Those at the two culprits that I have seen where drag numbers were not as it supposed to be.

Quote from: Mic on March 23, 2015, 05:53:02 PMOh, by the way Alan, my wife hates you! Just incase you didn't know. But don't let that spoil a drink of good beer. ;D
It's a love hate relations between our wives and Alan.

They love him because they know we are spending our money (or their money) on fishing equipment and not on some mistress...but hate him because we are spending all of our (or their) money on fishing equipment.  You just cannot please everyone.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

Alto Mare

Quote from: Dominick on March 23, 2015, 05:21:19 PM
Quote from: foakes on March 23, 2015, 02:32:53 PM

This site is made up of some folks way ahead of us in technical expertise --
Best, Fred

Like me... ;D ;D ;D Dominick
I believe Fred was talking about himself, not you ::) ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Shark Hunter

I think Dominick's expertise is in the kitchen! ;D
Life is Good!