Oh No! Not Grease Again!!!

Started by ijlal, December 01, 2010, 02:34:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ijlal

Hi guys,

Like you all, I am not willing to trust Penn grease on real smokers; especially when Alan says one has to use Cal's or Shimano!

I may have given the wrong impression but Penn grease was the best option I had available, so decided to give it a try, and posted my observations for anybody in a similar situation; also I wanted to get a little feedback from the experts so I may not overdo anything. I am really sorry if I sounded like an expert; believe me I am not! I was actually a dry as bone drag proponent all my (fishing) life, except for the felt drags on the spinners that I regularly oiled. It was only after reading posts by Alan on different forums that I converted and began thinking of greasing washers. When I started the thread, I had no idea I would end up being sent Cal's grease!

I agree with you Dom... Alan is Da man! ;D

Have a nice day!
Ijlal
I live 'fishing'!

alantani

ijlal, i got that package into the mail.  we shall see how difficult it is to get things to you.   ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Jolly Jack

I am in Dubai / have small 'pot' of Shimano grease which I can let u have! - my manager for Pak is here in early January and he can carry it back with him - how can he contact u to deliver (I dont want mine / his details posted!!)

ijlal

Quote from: alantani on December 04, 2010, 08:22:48 PM
ijlal, i got that package into the mail.  we shall see how difficult it is to get things to you.   ;D

Dear Alan,

To my great joy I found your envelope in the letterbox this evening :)

Can't thank you enough, but thanks anyway!

God bless,
Ijlal
I live 'fishing'!

ijlal

Quote from: Jolly Jack on December 11, 2010, 08:07:03 AM
I am in Dubai / have small 'pot' of Shimano grease which I can let u have! - my manager for Pak is here in early January and he can carry it back with him - how can he contact u to deliver (I dont want mine / his details posted!!)
Dear Jack,

It's mighty nice of you to offer, but I just received some from Alan that should last me quite some time. God willing, I should be able to order a pound of Cal's by the time I need more.

Thanks once again for your generosity!
Ijlal
I live 'fishing'!