Main Menu

Unusual 49

Started by Jerseymic, March 28, 2015, 10:19:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

harryk3616

Jerseymic

Needs a bit of a polish!!

Keta

This reel was built for fishing supper clear spring creeks where stealth is needed, the rods are made out of clear glass.
Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Jerseymic

I wonder how long he takes to realise his mistake?

Aiala

Quote from: Jerseymic on March 28, 2015, 11:56:00 PM
I wonder how long he takes to realise his mistake

He finally did.  :D

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Jerseymic

So he has, although one can see the semblance between the original photo and the condition of the spool!!

I have never understood why people let spools get in that condition.

It was a ritual taught by my father when I was a youngster.

He had a frame fixed to each end of the wall that ran the length of our yard, after arriving home, we would run the line off our reels onto said frames, wash the line and reels and dry them off.

I thought it was a pain in the proverbial at the time, but I have always respected his teachings and looked after my gear.

Mike.

harryk3616

yuck,  who would buy something like that, such bad shape

Jerseymic

Unfortunately you get a lot of reels for sale like that in the U.K. only fit for the trash bin!!

Aiala

Quote from: Jerseymic on March 29, 2015, 09:12:04 PM
Unfortunately you get a lot of reels for sale like that in the U.K. only fit for the trash bin!!

I'd hate to see that poor reel end up in the trash bin. What a waste that would be! Give it to someone like Fred or Mr. Shark, and they could restore it to better than new!  :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Jerseymic

Contact the seller, perhaps he might donate it.

He certainly won't be able to sell it.

UKChris

Sadly, the comment about UK and reel condition is all too true (though not 100% thankfully). One can see a lot of 'needs a service' (i.e. fit for nothing), 'could do with a clean' (i.e. corroded solid) and even 'for parts' (i.e. some bits present, most are missing).

I once found a barnacle living inside the sideplate of a reel that a mate of mine used to leave on his boat. Presumably it found enough to eat, which tells you something of the condition of the rest of the reel (and no, I didn't venture out in the boat).

Jerseymic

Quote from: UKChris on March 31, 2015, 04:33:09 PM
Sadly, the comment about UK and reel condition is all too true (though not 100% thankfully). One can see a lot of 'needs a service' (i.e. fit for nothing), 'could do with a clean' (i.e. corroded solid) and even 'for parts' (i.e. some bits present, most are missing).

I once found a barnacle living inside the sideplate of a reel that a mate of mine used to leave on his boat. Presumably it found enough to eat, which tells you something of the condition of the rest of the reel (and no, I didn't venture out in the boat).

Yes Chris, it is a bit of a struggle here, but occasionally, as you say, one can come up trumps.

Mike.