Hello from Atlanta

Started by Steve in Atlanta, March 29, 2015, 11:58:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve in Atlanta

Just wanted to say hello and say I look forward to following the topics and responses. I have been taking care of my own reels for years starting with my plastic Zebco. I still remember that reel. Some of my most memorable experiences involved that little rod and reel combo that was given to me when I was turning 6 maybe. It came with 6 pound test line and a little pack with hooks, lead sinkers and a red and white bobber. I thought life couldn't get better then I opened my next birthday present and it was a little tackle box with some mepps spinner lures and a couple Goldfish lures. I am now 57 and still get that same feeling when I get new tackle. I have been doing maintenance and repairs on some of my friends and locals reels for awhile and am setting up a shop here. I'm also trying to work out a time to go down to Texas and train under the Kilpatricks.
I feel that will really help and give me a confidence to expand and advertize my services.

Dominick

Steve welcome to the site and good luck with the new shop.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

BMITCH

luck is the residue of design.

Bryan Young

Welcome Steve.  Glad to have ya.  We have a few from Atlanta here on the site.  
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

bestout

The monsters in my head are scared......

foakes

Welcome aboard, Steve --

And best of luck in your new endeavor!

It has been said, "The best way to make a small fortune in the reel repair & service business...is to start with a large one.

You couldn't be apprenticing with any better folks, than the Kilpatricks.

All the Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

alantani

welcome!  if you are going to start a business and need someplace to archive your photos and notes about your work, you are welcome to do that here.  add in a description of your business as well!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Tightlines667

Welcome Steve!  The same thing happened to me after a short while on this site.  Now, I have more reel buisness then I can handle.  

It has been said,
"The best way to make a small fortune in the reel repair & service business...is to start with a large one.
[/quote]

I couldn't agree with Fred more.  Best of luck and let us know if we can be of any help.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

theswimmer

Welcome Steve.
Most of my family live in Decatur and Little Five Points.
Best of luck in your new venture!
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Bill B

Steve...I've been watching the Walking Dead series......is that how people act in Georgia...and i thought California was crazy.... ;D...just kidding....good luck on the new business...it has to be a much friendlier place to do business than Calif......Bill deep in the Sacramento Delta....
It may not be very productive,
but it's sure going to be interesting!

Reel 224

Steve; Best of luck with your business and welcome, I'm sure you can get lots of help here as well, there a lots of knowledgeable people here.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."