What would Otto Henze say about AT.com ??

Started by Maxed Out, March 30, 2015, 05:26:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maxed Out

If Otto Henze were alive today, what do you suppose he would think about this forum and all the great members and contributors of Penn reel expertise ??

The senator was his pride and joy, and my first thought is he would no doubt have a few AT members as engineers at the factory.

Penn was always trying to improve on the strength and durability of it's basic design, and seeing all the fantastic ideas and drag configurations and aftermarket parts on this website that keep the senators as a go to reel always keeps me on the lookout for the next AT member to step up with another mind blowing adaptation for the time tested senators.

...........so since Otto is only here in spirit, I'd like to speak for him and say thanks to all the great members and contributors to this fantastic forum. Keepin his dream alive and well.......and mine too !!

God bless all the great AT members and keep up the good work !!
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!

Dominick

Ich wünschte, die Jungs meine Rollen in Ruhe lassen.   :D ;D Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

I think Otto would be happy to see his legacy being carried through the 21st century.  I also, think he would use this site as a place to select interns for future Penn engineering positions like MMI (Motorcycle Mechanics Institute) and Harley Davidson. The only thing I think Otto would be a bit peeved about is the manufacturing of his reels in China, which is out of this site's hands so we/re in the clear on that one. ;)  The upgrades would knock his socks off, but think he'd be especially flattered that so many people invest so much thought, time and money in these reels when they can buy a lighter, faster, more comfortable reel for less money off the shelf.
Needless to say, he'd be proud of us, esp. Alan for setting this all up.
I'm curious to know what Dominick wrote, and while we're on Dominick I also think Otto wouldn't be caught dead wearing one of Dominick's shirts ;D
Dom

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

dutchy17

I think something might have been lost in the "Google" translation. Probably supposed to be : I wish the boys would let me rest in peace!
Why is everything i love either illegal, immoral or carry's a health warning!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

alantani

i hope they would be pleased.  that being said, i wish that otto would have been a bigger fan of stainless steel. 
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Dominick

Quote from: Dominick on March 30, 2015, 06:53:28 PM
Ich wünschte, die Jungs meine Rollen in Ruhe lassen.   :D ;D Dominick
"I wish the guys would leave my reels alone."  That is what I asked Google Translate to translate.  Just kidding of course.  If I have to explain my jokes I quit.  Just seeing something said in German should have been funny without an interpretation.  Even professional comedians blow a joke once in a while.  Dominick

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

broadway

Dominick, the only time you have to explain a joke is when it's in another language and mistranslated. ;)  QUIT! You couldn't quit telling jokes if you wanted to... it's in your blood, pal.
If you translated that flowers and palm trees don't belong on men's shirts that would be funny. ;D
Stay well,
Dom

Tightlines667

I beg to differ about the flowers and palm trees bit.  All of my shirts have these and/or fish.
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

broadway

I hear ya, John, but you live in Hawaii... thats just your version of camouflage. ;D
Dom

Maxed Out

Quote from: broadway on April 01, 2015, 12:40:20 AM
I hear ya, John, but you live in Hawaii... thats just your version of camouflage. ;D
Dom

Crap, I guess that means I should wear shirts with slugs and ducks. ;)

Dominick

Quote from: Max Doubt on April 01, 2015, 01:49:42 AM
Dom

;D ;D ;D ;D I wish I would have said that.  But then I would have to live in New Jersey.  Dominick

Maxed Out

Quote from: Dominick on April 01, 2015, 02:32:48 AM
Quote from: Max Doubt on April 01, 2015, 01:49:42 AM
Dom

;D ;D ;D ;D I wish I would have said that.  But then I would have to live in New Jersey.  Dominick

Ok, now that was funny :D :D :D..........and I didn't need a google translation...What is google anyways, never heard of it. ;)