My green plates Jigmaster

Started by Alto Mare, March 31, 2015, 04:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

I was looking for some green plates and couldn't find them anywhere, Randy (Vintage Offshore Tackle), was helpful sending me a set that he had, thanks again Randy.
The reel guts are from Black Pearl ( ProChallenger), the gears are 4:1 ratio, both pinion and main gears are heat treated...very durable. The custom stainless steel spacer bars are also from him.
The counterbalanced handle is from Adam (Three se7ens), with very little help from me on the design.
Very nice job on the handle Adam, exactly what I was looking for.
The drag kit is the 5 washers kit from Bryan.
The cupped Delrin washer on top and a Delrin washer for under the gear are from McMasterCarr and so are the stainless steel screws.
Here are some photos:

Everything went in the Lee-Pro plates nicely

except for Black Pearl's spacer, the hole on the plate is not centered with the gear sleeve, so I had to use the stock spacer. Not a big deal, these gears are plenty strong and I'm not worried about them

And here is the reel all assembled and working flawlessly

Adam's stainless steel counterbalanced handle

And a closer shot of this gorgeous reel

Dwight I take it you realized where this reel will go...no pressure buddy ;) ;D

Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Porthos

Christmas-y...and very Italian at the same time!

BMITCH

Very nice reel Sal! It's not only great looking but built like a tank. You gonna fish it??
luck is the residue of design.

STRIPER LOU

Looks SWEET! Another great job!!!
Did someone coin the term Salonized.  Just messing with you sal, just another great piece of work from you. By the way, Randy does have a lot to hard to find goodies and great guy to work with!!!!
................Lou

foakes

Another solid masterpiece, Sal!

Sort of reminds me of something -- can't put my finger on it though?

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Shark Hunter

Great Work Sal!
I thought of you yesterday. I saw a Fiat with a Italian Flag stripe painted down the back of it. ;D
Life is Good!

coastal_dan

I'd nickname it "The Italian Stallion"...great job as always.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

bestout

The monsters in my head are scared......

fIsHsTiiCkS

Thats a beauty! Showing a lot of Italian pride, can't wait to see it with the rod Dwight is doing for you!

Doug

Wow nice reel ! now that's what I call a tank>   Doug

Jerseymic

mike1010

Amazing Jigmaster.  Great work.  When the new Black Pearl gears come in, I hope to take my already tuned Jigmaster further in that direction.

Alto Mare

Thanks guys, I'm glad you like it, but you can't have it ;D

Quote from: BMITCH on March 31, 2015, 04:41:05 PM
Very nice reel Sal! It's not only great looking but built like a tank. You gonna fish it??
Yes Bob, I will be fishing this one, but it will only feel my hands ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

fIsHsTiiCkS

Rancanfish

I was looking at the rings going 'whaaaaat?, are they white?'.   

Then I got Fred's joke.

Go Sal!
I woke today and suddenly nothing happened.