My green plates Jigmaster

Started by Alto Mare, March 31, 2015, 04:29:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fIsHsTiiCkS

Alto Mare

Jason, nothing gets by you  ;D. They're back ordered. If you didn't seal the box yet, throw a couple in there ;)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

redfish12

Looks awesome!!! Do you by chance know the part numbers for the screws from MC? Also, did you powder-coat those rings? They really look great!

Alto Mare

Quote from: redfish12 on March 31, 2015, 11:00:33 PM
Looks awesome!!! Do you by chance know the part numbers for the screws from MC? Also, did you powder-coat those rings? They really look great!
I always order 3different sizes, as in 3/8"- 1/2" and 5/8".
Here is the #
http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/92185A136

I was going to get the rings powder coated, but didn't have the time. i have a friend that touches up car wheels, I stripped the chrome and made them nice and smooth, he painted and added 5 coats of clear. If they don't hold up its not a big deal, but I'm guessing they will, that stuff is tough.
Sal
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

basto

Love that stainless handle Sal. Nice to see a custom handle using the old classic shape. Very cool reel!
Basto
DAM Quick 3001      SHIMANO Spedmaster 3   Jigging Master PE5n

redfish12

Marcq

Cool  8) The more I look at it the more I like it

Car paint is pretty tough sh*t when done by a pro, just think what a car goes through

Marc..

Alto Mare

Thanks guys. Maybe if I keep the same color combination it might be good luck :-\.
These jigging lures were custom made for me by Saltidog, a very good person.
We haven't seen him around for a while now, I hope he's doing good.

pyros46290

looks like the jigs match the reel! is that why you got the green plates?? jk both look nice

Dominick

Quote from: pyros46290 on April 01, 2015, 02:56:19 AM
looks like the jigs match the reel! is that why you got the green plates?? jk both look nice
Nope, the Italian flag... Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Tightlines667

Now you just need to pair this reel with a custom Italian-theamed rod from Jon (like the one he made a few months back).
Hope springs eternal
for the consumate fishermen.

mhc

Nice colour scheme on a tough reel Sal - at the risk of being picky, are the SS frame spacer bars installed upside down intentionally?
It can't be too difficult - a lot of people do it.

Aiala

Sal, Che bellezza! You know how I am about colored reels... yours is simply off-the-charts gorgeous. May you catch many fish with it for a very long time!  :D

Am I right that the drag star in photo #1 is different than the one on your completed reel? Not that it's important, just curious. (Always!  ;) )

Quick question, if I may: Your cupped Delrins come from McM-C... would you happen to have handy the catalogue numbers for those washers? Grazie!   :)
~A~

I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Alto Mare

Quote from: mhc on April 01, 2015, 12:38:38 PM
Nice colour scheme on a tough reel Sal - at the risk of being picky, are the SS frame spacer bars installed upside down intentionally?
That is a good question...good eye ;).
The spacer bars are the prototype, at first they were rubbing a little. These are fine I took some material off from the inside. Alan also decided to make the outer side rounded.

on the left are the prototype the ones on the right look better, but mine are unique ;D
here is a pic of the bar that has been shaved off a little

we don't waste anything here  ;D