Jigging master PE 6 rebuild/maintenance

Started by hafnor, December 04, 2010, 01:39:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hafnor

Hey, first of, thanks to Alan with the greatest service I have ever recieved! And thank you for this site. This far I have learned alot from it.
BTW I am Thor and I am from Norway. here it goes, did a fast rebuild of the JM pe6 reel. I know there is a good video on this, but what the heck. hope you appreciate, oh I forgot to mention, this is a semi rebuild. I have not cleaned and greased the bearings, and the carbon discs were pretty good, so i`l save that to the next time, (also waiting on cals grease) =)

note that I am fresh at this and sertanly not a professional like alan. Enjoy

oh no, I have written under every picture, thought it would follow on the pictures (did this from photobucket) help?

Okey I will write it in one colum. Important things to do, is wipe off old grease/oil, if there is some intrusion (as mine had on certain areas such as the reel foot and some screws) remember, clean old grease out, supply with new grease, and on the drag washers and carbon discs they need to be wiped off the excesses grease. Thing that I was not too happy about the reel was the open shield into the first carbondrag, and that the main gear side did not have any. Like accurates solution better, altough it doesnt look that cool=) Remember this is a easy reel to mainteane, but you have to do it often, as this reel house is far from waterproof. And remember before unscreewing the drag cam, turn preset some inches and turn the lever into max, the screw comes out easily, reversed when taking it in again.  Last thing, a question, look at the "docking system (dogs)" this looks weird and not like the one in the video, is something missing or is this just because it is a mute docking?

thank you, and best regards, Thor

Bryan Young

Very nice Thor.  Thank you for sharing.  Much better than the video because I cannot really see what they are doing in the video.
:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

alantani

interesting.  you noted the greased carbon fiber drag washers?  you also note that the spool cap has big holes in it to allow water in and out, just like the avet.  i am please to see that they are making progress.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

hafnor

are these open shields from the drag washer good Alan? They seem like a bad idea from my point of view, but at least the water isnt stored inside.

Roger

Nice pic's and info, ain't got a clue how I missed this for the last 2 days........
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain

alantani

yeah, we've gone round and round on this issue.  if there is alot of dirt and no salt, keep the spool bearings shielded.  if there is alot of salt and no dirt, i like the spool bearings open.  spool bearings are not forever.  i think that open bearings last longer in a salt environment.  if you can, try both and see how they work out!  ;D
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!