Looking for a Left handed Conventional reel

Started by Rivverrat, March 31, 2015, 11:32:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rivverrat

I'm looking for a small light weight conventional thats left handed. The Release sg is at the top of the list. I am curious as to where in its drag range is it most comfortable. Meaning with out any side load when cranking.  I dont need a 2 speed. Will never see salt water. Left handed is a must, 20 lbs. of drag with out destroying bearings would be great but not needed. Open to suggestions.

But my main focus is the Release sg because it's American made, offered in left hand & price. I love my Andros I have taken to setting the drag at around 10 lbs. & fishing it with 40 lb. line. At this setting I can depress the  strike stop & pushing the lever on top of the stop it gives 15 lbs. of drag. The sg has no strike stop & the Andros has no left hand version.

Any one have both the Andros 5 & a Release sg willing to give some thought comparisons.        

Thanks Jeff

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

Rivverrat

OK, lets consider Avet. It would need to be a raptor. In order to get the 13 lbs. of drag I'm wanting as a bare minimum with no side load in a small sx or mx reel.

How are the over all tolerances & feel on an Avet compared to an Andros?

Rivverrat

Hey I just found out Accurate makes their Fury in a single speed left hand & some are claiming it makes 20 lbs. of usable drag. The advertised weight is 18 oz. Heavier than a sg.   I dont like the anti reverse set up being just a bearing. Accurate seems to be reel confident with it & this reel will not see the salt. It is also offered in 2 different gear ratios. Which Release does not do. The price is good to.