Dura Drag...

Started by ijlal, December 05, 2010, 06:28:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ijlal

What is Penn's 'revolutionary new' Dura Drag? Is it some material way above Carbon fiber or HT100?

Thanks,
Ijlal
I live 'fishing'!

kamuwela

nothing new been used on international's as long as i know

akfish

From what I understand, Dura Drag is just greased HT-100 carbon fiber. It certainly looks like that...
Taku Reel Repair
Juneau, Alaska

alantani

the dura drag is a coarser weave then the standard ht-100 material.  the "dura gel" is a teflon grease with a slightly thinner consistency then cal's grease.  it would be fine except that the application of the grease to the drag material is not consistent.  i've found plenty of spots on the drag washer that looked dry.  very discouraging.  alan
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Roger

Any way they do it it works. We've got 2 Baja's here at the house and I'm almost ready to order a couple of 525's. Charkbait has them on sale for a $100.00 a piece.

They use the same drag washers with the Baja using 4 and the little 525mag using 3.
Roger

"Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover."   Mark Twain