Adding Section to Buy Sell Trade, or Member's Tackle Shop Forums???

Started by sundaytrucka, April 13, 2015, 07:57:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sundaytrucka

I was looking around the site and came across the Member's Tackle Shop section in BST, saw it was mainly used for members who own or work at the shop, I assumed the section was for guys to talk about their local tackle shop or to supply recommendations and knowledge for different aspects of fishing from their local tackle shop (I feel that is a good idea within itself).

So I had the idea, what about a section where members can pass-on deals or sales they find at their local shop to other members here? Being Alan's site, it would deal primarily with reels and parts.

THIS PROCESS WOULD NOT BE FOR PROFIT OR A CUT OF THE DEAL. IF THIS WERE TO WORK, IT IS BASED ON HELPING EACH OTHER SOURCE ITEMS, NOT FOR RESELLERS OR THE LIKE.*

*Being these are shops, brick and mortar, members can actually call up and confirm items and prices available.

For instance, I frequent Just Fishing in Redondo Beach, where he has a good amount of consignment reels and rods, I could list the reels Pete has for sale in "this section", there by giving other members a shot at a reel or rod they may want, but not have the opportunity to find in their local market.

Members could pick up items, whether bought, reimbursed, or even around trades for the item they want for other members, under their own mutual accord with the member who would be able to pick it up, or simply pass-on the shops information and allow the buyer to deal with the shop directly.

Just an idea, and wanted to see what you guys thought. I prefer buying used reels, there are only so many shops I will go to personally, and it could be valuable to know what other shops have, locally and nationally, that I otherwise would never know about.

-Scott

I don't know how to do everything, but I know how to get everything done.

alantani

totally not a problem.  for anyone that wants to do that, i'd recommend photos and a price list.  format it something like this  http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=12811.0 and put "please sticky" in the title so we will see it.  i would like to leave the various boards as they are for now and sticky the posts that have lots of items.  if there are alot of items and alot of posts from one particular i'll just put together his own board.  it's very easy to do!
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

LTM

Scott,

Ive been trying to give Pete a computer for his shop for decades to get him on the internet. At least this way he will start to see the benefits. Good idea and should work out.

Keep working on Pete,

Leo

PS Say hello to Pete and Barry next time.