Just another king salmon fish,n day

Started by gstours, April 07, 2015, 04:30:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gstours

Last week was hectic for me so I was sure happy to be invited by my friend to spent some time on the water.   We were fishing locally to where we live so we didnt have to get up much before sunrise.   We  had another friend along so that made three  even tho we trolled with only two lines as not to tangle on a fairly small boat for open water.   We fished about an hour and got a strike and got it in!

there was frost on the dock and things outside, but the sun was out and things warmed up, as did the bite!

then we troll around this rocky point and there is a couple of eagles on the rocks fishing as well!

this must have beena sign of things to come from the fish gods.

this was the first of three for me.  they stayed hooked this time!

seems like the eagles were pairing up for mating or just taking in the sun int the morning.  they are beautiful and very large birds.

over all it was a great day on the water as we had good weather, got 5 king salmon, and never saw another soul.  thats why a misfit like myself lives here!    Please see my friends below.   thanks gst.

Pretty soon I will show the gear and spacifics as some of you have asked for more info.   when I get a moment!    gst.

Shark Hunter

Awesome Fish Gary! I wish I was a misfit in your gang! ;)
Life is Good!

MFB

Wow stunning fish and scenery, it doesn't get any better.

Rgds

Mark
No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

Dominick

Gary, I'm coming up and hiring you as my guide.  You always show quality fish. Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Shark Hunter

Gary has it going on! We will need to grow some more facial hair to fit in, but I bet it would be Fun to say the least! Good Job again Gary. Those Kings are Awesome! ;)
Life is Good!

SacFly

That's a nice day on the water for sure!

Reel 224

Gary the picture of the point you took of the Eagles and snow caped mountains is epic, I would be happy just seeing that in person without the fish....well maybe one ;D Nice view and a great catch,fore sure. By the way I already have the facial fuzz. :)
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

foakes

Beautiful day, Gary --

Thanks for the pics and account.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

theswimmer

Nice Kings!
That's  some serious food right there!
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Newell Nut

Great fish there Gary, my favorite fish to eat but just live too far away now. Just keep living the dream and sending us some pics. Enjoy.

Dominick

Quote from: Newell Nut on April 07, 2015, 03:13:05 PM
Great fish there Gary, my favorite fish to eat but just live too far away now. Just keep living the dream and sending us some pics. Enjoy.
I had store bought salmon last night.  I'm not complaining about the price $17.99 a pound but it was farm raised.  Linda bought it not realizing it was farm raised.  I expected it to taste swampy which is an off taste in most farmed fish.  This batch had no off taste and it was pretty good.  Still nothing like wild caught and cooked the same day.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

wallacewt

the pic with the 2 trucks,fish,ropes hangin in the trees
is my desktop for this week
reminded me of "deliverence"
good stuff

harryk3616