Bought one of my 'Unicorns'

Started by coastal_dan, April 07, 2015, 12:53:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coastal_dan

We all have those reels that we long for...whether they are super rare or not, they have importance on a personal level or a specific fascination that enthralls us.  For me its the year 1982 and Penn's 50th Anniversary reels/catalog.  Not sure why, but ever since I bought the Anniversary catalog I drool over some of its contents.  More specifically I yearn for those anniversary reels with the red anodized spools!  These really aren't that hard to find used but I've been looking for some time for unused examples that include boxes/tools/lube/papers.  So, one down, and from what my research tells me, 3 Senators to go.  ;D

Thanks for looking...I had to share with someone. :P

Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Reel 224

That's a great find, the reel looks new. Happy hunting for the future buys. 
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Shark Hunter

Great Find Dan. I just let a 113HLW slip by me. I'm still remorsing!
Life is Good!

whalebreath

Being red like that sure makes it look similar to an Ambassadeur 7000.

Aiala

Beautiful 'S', Dan, congrats! Actually eyed it myself, but I've currently got other itches that are more in need of being scratched.  ;)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Superhook

Very pretty reel and we all know the red reels wind in faster. Good collectible complete unit. Well done.

Big Tim

SIC  ;D Way to go Dan...Some of my most prized treasures are not that rare or valuable. Special to me none the less.

Tim

Alto Mare

Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Dominick

Quote from: Aiala on April 07, 2015, 05:20:53 PM
Beautiful 'S', Dan, congrats! Actually eyed it myself, but I've currently got other itches that are more in need of being scratched.  ;)

~A~
Hey don't forget the 12 year old rule.   ::) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

dutchy17

Very nice Dan.  Something to savor and enjoy for years to come.
Regards, Dirk
Why is everything i love either illegal, immoral or carry's a health warning!

coastal_dan

Thanks guys/gals, I wouldn't have known what to keep my eye out for if it wasn't for you.  Funny how buying some of this stuff kind of feels like you are 'saving' it so to speak...all the information here provided by you kind folks has created a new hobby for me and it is a blast!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Aiala

Quote from: Dominick on April 08, 2015, 03:06:06 AM
Quote from: Aiala on April 07, 2015, 05:20:53 PM
~A~
Hey don't forget the 12 year old rule.   ::) Dominick

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

broadway

Dan,
   I was watching that one too... glad to see it went to a good home. If I was a fan of the jigmaster series I would have been all over that one.
Enjoy your new relic,
Dom

txangler81

Dan,
    I know what you mean by saving them. I have a tendency to go for the ones that literally need to be resurrected from the dead.
Dustin

john2244

Nice reel Dan.
In your search for other anniversary reels the correct 4/0's and 6/0 anniversary boxes will say" rigid spacer bars" on it.  I am not sure if this applies to the 500 box or not.  Mine are in storage.

John