In Florida, Even the Bobcats Shark

Started by ChileRelleno, April 08, 2015, 02:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Reel 224

"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

RowdyW

Quote from: broschro on April 09, 2015, 01:41:52 PM
I think its a bobcat panther mix.to big to be a bobcat and no cougar In Florida.
Maybe not where you live but they are certainly in Florida. Rare but documented many times. Bobcats & Panthers don't mix. Panther will have Bobcat for lunch. :o

fsrmn

We have a season here in Fla. for hunting them from Dec. through Feb. A lot of males get that big or bigger, especially in my area where there are feral pigs for them to feed on. My biggest one so far was 36# with a 21" shoulder height. I have seen bigger. Here is a big one that was killed as a threat.

http://bearingarms.com/large-florida-bobcat-shot-became-threat-humans/
Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.

Shark Hunter

That was a Big Cat Henry.
I watched the clip of the guy shooting the 20mm Cannon on there from the hip. Back when I was in the Navy, We had belt fed anti aircraft 20mm cannons. That is the only gun I was afraid of. It shot High Explosive rounds. I remember it well. It had double grips like a 50 cal Browning.
I pulled the trigger and I thought I broke a few teeth the way it shook me. I guess I was holding on too tight. ;D I was always worried about it double chambering one and then I would go Poof! :D
I never shot it again. It had to be at least 8 feet long and the barrel moved back and forth on a carriage that was bolted to the mount.
Life is Good!