In Florida, Even the Bobcats Shark

Started by ChileRelleno, April 08, 2015, 02:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Reel 224

New regs. to follow has been announced by FWW  :o ;D
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

sharkman

Even bobcats practice catch and release.  According to story posted the bobcat was spooked and the shark swam off to live another day.

theswimmer

I do not think that is a Bobcat!
WAY to big......
There is nothing like lying flat on your back on the deck, alone except for the helmsman aft at the wheel, silence except for the lapping of the sea against the side of the ship. At that time you can be equal to Ulysses and brother to him.

Errol Flynn

Reel 224

True, after giving it a second look. Looks more like a Cougar with a bobbed tail.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

foakes

Up here in the Sierra's, we have copious amounts of Bobcats -- and almost hardly any Sharks.

But since Constance read Chile's post this morning -- she has been on the lookout for snow sharks on the deck.

Best,

Fred

The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Reel 224

Fred: My wife is a cat lover and after she saw this picture. SHE WANT"S ONE!!

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

alantani

send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

conchydong

It looks like you can see some spotting on the coat and unless the "cougar" got a tail chop possibly by a previous Shark encounter ;D, I would also say it is just a big Bobcat. Males can get pretty big, close to 40 lbs. Neat stuff though.

Reel 224

Wish we could see a closer picture of that cat, I still think he or she is a Cougar, the tail could have been cut off by some accident or just a birth defect. Who Knows?????

ChileRelleno

Ya'll must be passing some bad Shine around, or suffering from a mass delusion.
Cause that is no cougar.
It is the perfect size, shape and coloration for an adult Bobcat, much too stocky & compact for a Fl Swamp Panther.
If the shark is an Atlantic Sharpnose, they're 4' max, average 3'.
And an adult Bob averages 21" at the shoulder, yep, Mt. Lion.
Shark would be 5'-6' long if it was even a young adult lion.

C'mon FWC says its a Bobcat.  FWC knows they've lions and knows a lion when they see one.
Unlike a few other Southern states who deny the existence of lions in their states.

Lets check out a pic that has the brightness adjusted to see this cat clearer.
Hmmmm...  Spots, color, head, ears... Bobcat.

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Shark Hunter

If the flame burns Blue, its good Shine John.
That Sharpnose makes him look bigger. I know how you like to always be right, and you are again. ;D
Life is Good!

Reel 224

For sure a Bobcat. I would have loved to see that in action, it's a shame he lost his catch. I stand corrected. As I stated though the larger picture makes a big difference. By the way you ever made a mistake when sober ::) ;D

broschro

I think its a bobcat panther mix.to big to be a bobcat and no cougar In Florida.