Simple holder for your reel tools

Started by Islandgypsy, April 10, 2015, 07:54:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Islandgypsy

Just finished up a project I'd like to share. Laminated some scrap/cut-offs (used Titebond III) together. Couple different sized Forstner bits for holes, a sharp chisel, two coats of Polycrylic and done.

Being portable, when it gets a little chilly in the garage I just grab my stuff and move into the kitchen table.Yep, got a great understanding wife. Haven't tried cleaning parts in the dishwasher though like Alan,she ain't that understanding ;D

harryk3616

nice, simple and very functional, great idea, thanks for sharing. some sort of a handle might help sticking up in the middle or in another location, kudos,  thanks

Islandgypsy

Great idea, Harry, I'll come up with something this weekend,thanks.

harryk3616

yeah sometimes we get a little butterfingered, with the grease and stuff or just plain clumsy, but it is a great idea, plus neat on the work bench , you know exactly where every tool is

Clipper

Very neatnik.  What kind of screwdrivers do you use?
Another day in Paradise!

Dominick

A clean and neat workbench is a sign of a sick mind.   ;) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

Alto Mare

I try so hard to keep it as yours, but just can't do it. I'm now on my fourth workbench and still looks the same as the other three ;D.
How does Alan do it  :-\?
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Reel 224

Quote from: Dominick on June 03, 2015, 02:09:54 AM
A clean and neat workbench is a sign of a sick mind.   ;) Dominick

In that case I must be a genius, or just lazy. Nice tool holder Islandgypsy   
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

Tiddlerbasher

My bench always starts that way (well sometimes :D) but by the time I've finished for the day  ::)

Islandgypsy

Hello Clipper..the screwdrivers are Brownells hollow ground gunsmiths fixed handle screwdrivers. I took the advice of the pros (Foakes, Tightlines and others) and ordered up a set and have since added more....lesson being I should have made the holder larger. This stuff gets addicting ,these drivers are a joy to use.

I hear you gang, I don't care HOW long your bench is, it's a foot too short!

Reel 224

Quote from: Islandgypsy on June 03, 2015, 09:26:23 PM
Hello Clipper..the screwdrivers are Brownells hollow ground gunsmiths fixed handle screwdrivers. I took the advice of the pros (Foakes, Tightlines and others) and ordered up a set and have since added more....lesson being I should have made the holder larger. This stuff gets addicting ,these drivers are a joy to use.

I hear you gang, I don't care HOW long your bench is, it's a foot too short!

You won't be sorry you purchased those drivers, they will last forever.
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

fsrmn

I couldn't even imagine being that organized ??? ;D
Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.