Penn 970 Mag

Started by Alto Mare, April 10, 2015, 09:14:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alto Mare

We've been talking too loud around here, this is crazy:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/221733745138?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
I offered him $125 at the very beginning, I don't do that if I see any bids on it.
Good for him for turning me down ;D
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Aiala

I watched it, too. These people are whacked... it jumped over 50 bucks in the last minute.   ::)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

Porthos

At that price, I would have expected the original box in pristine condition included for starters...

Alto Mare

Looking at this from a different perspective...I'm rich
http://i1101.photobucket.com/albums/g431/pescatore1/011_4.jpg
This was taken two months ago, i got a couple more since then ;D.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Aiala

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 10, 2015, 09:28:08 PM
This was taken two months ago, I got a couple more since then ;D.

Holy catz! Sal, are you trying to corner the market on 970s??

~A~

Islandgypsy

Sal has taken a page out of the Hunt Brothers play book ;D

john2244

I have a 970 and 980 I use for surf fishing but at that price I am going to find other reels. 
John

Alto Mare

Quote from: john2244 on April 10, 2015, 11:15:07 PM
I have a 970 and 980 I use for surf fishing but at that price I am going to find other reels. 
John
John, how about a trade ;D.

john2244

I don't mind a trade but my problem is what would I replace them with ?? Over the last several years I have tried a dozen different reels for surf fishing and these by far are my favorites.  If I decide to sell the 970, 980, and 990 I have in my collection I will let you know.

John

Alto Mare

I was only joking with you john, I know how much you like them. With that said, you know how to reach me, for when the time comes ;D

Aiala

I actually have a NOS 970 still in the box, but now I'm afraid to fish with it. I'm going to have to find a used one... if Sal hasn't rounded them all up by now.  :P

~A~

Alto Mare

Quote from: Aiala on April 10, 2015, 11:49:16 PM
I actually have a NOS 970 still in the box, but now I'm afraid to fish with it. I'm going to have to find a used one... if Sal hasn't rounded them all up by now.  :P

~A~
Ok Aiala, let me ease your pain. Two used for that new one, your choice of 970, 980 or 990  ;D

john2244

The price of "silver" is going up !!

Aiala

Quote from: Alto Mare on April 11, 2015, 12:28:27 AM
Ok, Aiala, let me ease your pain. Two used for that new one, your choice of 970, 980 or 990.  ;D

But I can't go for that, (No can do)
No, I can't go for that, (No can do)
Oh, I can't go for that, (No can do)
I can't go for that
Can't go for that
Can't go for that...!   ;D

~A~

Alto Mare