for daron

Started by harryk3616, April 10, 2015, 09:24:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

I'll contribute $25.00 to fixing this man's reel, if we can find an Aussie willing to take it on.
QuoteHi max, us reel heads are interested in possibly seeing the damage firsthand and maybe rebuilding your reel for you if possible.
We have members in Australia and are seeing if any are up to it... If you're interested that is.
Several of us would be willing to contribute parts to the effort.
But what we really want is to see the damage, and learn from it.

Please feel free to register at alantani.com, http://alantani.com/index.php and thread we're discussing your reel is here, http://alantani.com/index.php?topic=13768.0

Regards,
John ChileRelleno Cox
QuoteHi John,
That is a very generous offer indeed, it would be great to have the old girl up and running again!
I will happily head over to your site and help in any way possible regarding photos etc for the discussion.
Kind regards
Max
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

foakes

Count me in for another $25...

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

wallacewt

i was thinking about this,and in my opinion
to do it it oz is the wrong option
there would be plenty of aussies willing to help,
and its not about money.
you would not be able to get parts,if you could,it
would be slower than the 2nd coming of JC.
a couple of years back i needed some penn parts.
i had to send to england and the usa with help from
the lads on this site.
it would be faster,cheaper,and better to do it in the usa.
cheers

Dominick

Quote from: wallacewt on April 13, 2015, 03:31:19 AM
and its not about money.
the lads on this site.
cheers
You are probably right.  I say send it to Sal.  I bet he would be excited to do it.  I would do it also. Realistically how much would it cost to ship it from OZ?   Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

wallacewt

$40aud or there-abouts

Dominick

Quote from: wallacewt on April 13, 2015, 03:44:58 AM
$40aud
How much is that in real money?   ;) Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

wallacewt

all money is real if you dont have any.if you are a billionaire its valueless :D

Alto Mare

Quote from: Dominick on April 13, 2015, 03:37:13 AM
Quote from: wallacewt on April 13, 2015, 03:31:19 AM
and its not about money.
the lads on this site.
cheers
You are probably right.  I say send it to Sal.  I bet he would be excited to do it.  I would do it also. Realistically how much would it cost to ship it from OZ?   Dominick
You know, there are a bunch of tutorials from me Daron and some others on there reel here. I know that most appreciate them, but I'm sure there are some that had it from seeing the same guys over and over dothem. Its time to let someone else do it, you're a good candidate Dominick, come to think of it, Broadway hasn't done any :-\, come on buddy, your turn to shine.
There are many others, even the boss himself, I haven't seen anything coming from him in a while ;D. Who else would be better than Alan? that's who I vote for. We should give him the honor.
Sal 
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

wallacewt

what about chile doin it.
it was his idea,he is in contact with max
justa thought ;)

alantani

I will send a 5/0 grip and contribute any part needed that I have in stock.
send me an email at alantani@yahoo.com for questions!

Shark Hunter

I can supply new plates.
Life is Good!

ChileRelleno

If Max wants to ship it, I'll happily document the damages & rebuild.
I can't spring much for parts, I've too many irons in the fire  over the next couple months.
But, I'll do the work and contribute a new dragstack.

This thread has turned into a prime example of, 'You Know You're a Reelhead When'
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

wallacewt

chile,get me max phone # ,ill ring him  and see about the freight

Keta

Hi, my name is Lee and I have a fishing gear problem.

I have all of the answers, yup, no, maybe.

A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way.
Mark Twain

foakes

Hi Wallace --

If most of us are in agreement -- let Max know that we will pay for Insured shipping both ways.

We will do a documented photo spread on before, during, and the finished -- upgraded reel.

Then get it back to him to fight another big shark.

With the interest, capable reel mechanics, and reliability and reputation of the Alan Tani members -- this will be a neat project that will educate many.

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.