A Lazy Day Bream Fishing

Started by ChileRelleno, April 11, 2015, 09:45:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChileRelleno

It was a lazy day Bream fishing with all three of our kids.
Kept me busy re-rigging gear they were snagging on every conceivable obstacle in the water, on the bank & over hanging trees.
Baby girl showed up her older brothers, she had a little honey hole full of fish.
A good time was had by all.

Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Reel 224

That's what I like to see, a smiling face with her catch of the day ;D
"I don't know the key to success,but the key to failure is trying to please everyone."

wallacewt

HOLEINTHEWATER

Shark Hunter

Nice John! ;D
Don't you think that Black Widow is a little overkill? :D
Life is Good!

ChileRelleno

Quote from: Shark Hunter on April 12, 2015, 04:54:17 PM
Nice John! ;D
Don't you think that Black Widow is a little overkill? :D
Nope, totally appropriate for how she was kill'em.  8)
Actually, they're pretty good collapsibles for the price and the 13' is a nice length.
Ragnar Benson:
"Never, under any circumstances, ever become a refugee.
Die if you must, but die on your home turf with your face to the wind, not in some stinking hellhole 2,000 kilometers away, among people you neither know nor care about."

Dominick

Great smile on the kid.  She was having fun.  Keep it up Chile.  Dominick
Leave the gun.  Take the cannolis.

There are two things I don't like about fishing.  Getting up early in the morning and boats.  The rest of it is fun.

RowdyW

In the south a lot of bream have been caught with long cane poles for many years & it still continues.

Aiala

What a happy little lady! You're lucky... I tried but couldn't impart a love of angling to my daughter.  :-\

Maybe I'll get a second chance with with my granddaughter... she's three-and-a-half now, and keeps saying she wants to go fishing with Wouffie.  ;)

Incidentally, is 'Bream' pronounced 'Breem' or 'Brim'? I've heard both, but tend to think it's the latter.

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

bluefish69

Aiala

I started my son on the Captree open boats when he was 4yo. for Flounders. Fluke was his next quarry, we had no size or bag limits back then. He is 45 now.

Mike
I have not failed.  I just found 10,000 ways that won't work.

Alto Mare

Quote from: ChileRelleno on April 11, 2015, 09:45:25 PM
It was a lazy day Bream fishing with all three of our kids.
Kept me busy re-rigging gear they were snagging on every conceivable obstacle in the water, on the bank & over hanging trees.
Baby girl showed up her older brothers, she had a little honey hole full of fish.
A good time was had by all.

Way to go John, start them early. ;)
She's a cutie, a good photo of the month candidate. :)
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

Aiala

Quote from: bluefish69 on April 12, 2015, 10:23:26 PM
Aiala, I started my son on the Captree open boats when he was 4 yo. for flounders. Fluke was his next quarry, we had no size or bag limits back then. He is 45 now. Mike

Mike, I remember seeing the Captree boats almost every summer day while fishing from the bayside docks of Fire Island. I caught fluke too, plus porgies, sea robins, blowfish, even weakfish, and lord only knows how many snapper blues. I am completely at peace and content nowadays, but those were unquestionably the most purely happy moments of my life.  :)

~A~
I don't suffer from insanity... I enjoy every minute of it!  :D

fsrmn

Good stuff ;D I bream fished with my kids, grandkids, and God willing, I will with my great grandchildren. ;)
Not all fishing is done with rod and reel.