Senator Special 112H 3/0 V.S. the Jigmaster 500??? HELP

Started by infish, April 12, 2015, 03:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foakes

As for cost on the upgrades, this would not be an investment, if you thought so, don't do it.
If you're looking for a reel that will be a joy to use and almost indestructible, go for it and don't hold back.

Keep in mind, those will be passed along to other generations to come, can't put a price on that ;)

Sal

I have seen just a small part of your collection, Dad -- and that was enough for me...

Would you consider adopting me?

Best,

Fred
The Official, Un-Authorized Service and Restoration Center for quality vintage spinning reels.

D-A-M Quick, Penn, Mitchell, and ABU/Zebco Cardinals

--------

The first rule of fishing is to fish where the fish are. The second rule of fishing is to never forget the first rule.

"Enjoy the little things in Life — For someday, you may look back — and realize that they were the big things"
                                                     Fred O.

Alto Mare

This isn't about me, I have no issues with upgrades and will always do it to the max on most reels that I can... when possible.
Forget about all the reasons why something may not work. You only need to find one good reason why it will.

steelfish

Quote from: Shark Hunter on April 12, 2015, 05:19:33 PM
Just build them both Tony. problem solved. ;)

Daron, or to any guy

checking this pics from Daron I noticed the jigmaster has newell bearings (fast bushing or something) and the 112h has stock right side bushing.
I got a used but in really good shape 112h that needs a right side bushing.
so, what do you guys recommend?

get a stock right bushing that costs aver. $10 shipped
or a set of newell bearings left and right for $17 shipped?

in my case this reel will be used for mild trolling for Sierras, local seabass, croackers, and with luck a big cabrilla (leopard grouper 10#), so bearings might not be a must but since the 113h have them maybe is a good idea to load the 112h with bearings too (newells).

I dont think I will be casting with this reel, have many good casters for jigging, yoyo and surface iron

The Baja Guy