Second try might be better

Started by gstours, December 28, 2015, 03:50:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Hall

I'm with you when it comes to salmon the King is appropriately named, I love fishing them and the past few years seasons have been filled with 20 plus pounders.  I'm gonna pick me up a knuckle buster and give it a run just for the pure thrill of it.

Maxed Out

Hi Gary, I see you are using divers and not downriggers. Is that normal for your winter fishery ?? Those salmon have scrape marks on their gill plates from rooting around on the bottom stirring up sandlance and candlefish, yet you are fishing suspended?? (just guessing).

Anyways, good move heading north, the Puget sound and san Juans and most of the coastal zones are now basically no go zone for everyone except tribal fisheries. I'd lose my boat if I get caught with 1 yellow eye or even just bouncing the bottom past 120', while the same area is longlined year round by more tribal fisheries. It's pretty sad compared to how it used to be.

I'd love to talk my wife into moving up there, she even has relatives there, but her directional compass is pointing south to warmer climate.

Looking forward to hearing more about that reel of yours.

Ted
We Must Never Forget Our Veterans....God Bless Them All !!