9500SS upgrade pictures

Started by Yogi_fish808, April 13, 2015, 02:11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yogi_fish808

Thanks for having me on this forum guys! Like a lot of anglers from Hawaii, I grew up using Penn reels.
After seeing the titanium 16 tooth ratchet and dogs Adam sells I had to get them for my pair of 9500SS reels in addition to the drag upgrades. They'll never be super spinners but I don't ever see myself getting rid of em. Now if I could find those gold OEM euro power handles! Aloha..

Having no backplay in the handle after all these years is amazing

Three se7ens

Looking good!  Thanks for sharing, and enjoy.

wallacewt

of all the upgrades we do this rates as
one of the better ones.
i think it originated in hawaii.

Shark Hunter

Life is Good!

Bryan Young

Aloha Yogi.

E komo mai. 

Mahalo for sharing.  I upgraded my brother in law to be ' s reel and have her to hear his comments because he started fishing from his surf board and bought cheap reels for this as his feels are often dunked and splashed.

Awaiting new pics from you with your Ulua and reel.

Aloha & mahalo,
Bryan

:D I talk with every part I send out and each reel I repair so that they perform at the top of their game. :D

coastal_dan

Very slick, thanks for sharing.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Where Land Ends Life Begins...

Yogi_fish808

Ordered some sweet new ball-style handles w/ aluminum arms from ebay. $19 ea. was worth it, they fit perfectly and are much more comfortable to grip.

Shark Hunter

Those really set it off Yogi. Looking Good! ;D
Life is Good!

coastal_dan

Which seller did you get those from?  I'm would like something like that in black for my Z's.  Looks great.
Dan from Philadelphia...

Marcq

Quote from: coastal_dan on April 24, 2015, 01:09:59 PM
Which seller did you get those from?  I'm would like something like that in black for my Z's.  Looks great.

I got a black one from this dude cheaper and free shipping
http://www.ebay.com/itm/311163615146?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&var=610363945517&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Marc..

MFB

No man can lose what he never had.
                                                   Isaac Walton

coastal_dan

Awesome Marc, thanks!  $15 is super cheap!
Dan from Philadelphia...

Shark Hunter

If you buy 10, they are only 10 dollars.
Life is Good!

Yogi_fish808

Arghhhh! Coulda saved $10....it's ok I guess a friend already bought both stock handles. Now to hook into something that can put these mods to the test...freight train strikes that make you're knees weak are the best.

Yogi_fish808

Haven't done much else to these reels other than fish with them but while browsing ebay yet again, something caught my attention. An NOS super rare brass main gear for $26. They rarely come up even used let alone NOS and usually go for $40+, so even after buying way too many new parts lately I had to. The seller originally had 3 but 2 had already been scooped up, luckily one of my reels already came with a brass gear. Probably sometime this weekend I'll open up the reel and install these so both will be running the stronger or as u guys affectionately call them "rare as hen's teeth" brass gearing. Aloha!